1990 964 Carrera 2 for sale

Hey all,

Does anyone know this car?

http://www.pcv.com.au/PorscheClubs/pc_victoria/pc_main.nsf/web/B88867B527091D58C1257B5600312F57#pagetop

I have a mate interested and thought it maybe worth asking. There has also been an 'ice blue' coloured one for sale here in Vic with a blue interior, that seems to have gone now though?

Any advice would be appreciated, feel free to PM with any details.

Cheers, Hugh.

Looks pretty good Hugh, have you contacted the seller and asked about repairs, history and kms.

Shame about that blue one, would have been a great first P car, didn't last long.

What about this one.

Not much detail though.

http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1990/AGC-AD-13118853/?Cr=35&sdmvc=1

This has been on the market for some time, I do remember a PFA member going for a look and test drive some time ago and saying it was, well , 'worn'. A C2 would also be preferable in this instance. FYI in case you hadn't worked it out its for a 'mutual' friend of ours who has been desperate to get into a P car, and name begins with 'T'. ;)

This has been on the market for some time, I do remember a PFA member going for a look and test drive some time ago and saying it was, well , 'worn'. A C2 would also be preferable in this instance. FYI in case you hadn't worked it out its for a 'mutual' friend of ours who has been desperate to get into a P car, and name begins with 'T'. ;)

Can we post who it is or is it a secret... :ph34r:

It is TB

Can we post who it is or is it a secret... :ph34r:

It is TB

Correct. I don't think its a secret but I don't want to 'promote' it - I'm sure he will be in touch with you soon enough to discuss.

Correct. I don't think its a secret but I don't want to 'promote' it - I'm sure he will be in touch with you soon enough to discuss.

He has be given the go by the finance minister just a few days ago, so its all systems go.

I am pretty excited for him, I will endeavor to help him as much as possible.

Hey all,

Does anyone know this car?

http://www.pcv.com.au/PorscheClubs/pc_victoria/pc_main.nsf/web/B88867B527091D58C1257B5600312F57#pagetop

I have a mate interested and thought it maybe worth asking. There has also been an 'ice blue' coloured one for sale here in Vic with a blue interior, that seems to have gone now though?

Any advice would be appreciated, feel free to PM with any details.

Cheers, Hugh.

Hugh,

I spoke to the owner of the white one on Saturday and was advised:

240,000km

Manual

Owned 8 years and serviced by Louie at Motion for 15 years

Bought it from a mate who had it for 7 1/2 years before that.  ie 3 owners 

Top end seals done at 120,000km

Steering rack done last year.

Needs a clutch that the owner is in the unhurried process of arranging

Was a daily driver until a year ago and has only been started 3 or 4 times in the last year.

Standard except for RS steering wheel, wheels, rear wing, side mirrors, cat bypass and maybe the springs. (Hasn't got the original parts though)  

Sydney delivered

2 spare keys and toolkit complete.

Located at Hawthorn

I think it ticks all the boxes to be seriously considered except for the price might be a bit high given the motor hasn't been reconditioned yet.  

The blue one only disappeared from Carsales today and is now shown as sold.  I was surprised it lasted so long actually.

If you happen to find two good cars when looking for one for TB, can you give me the tip off on the spare please? :-) 

As for the grey C4 there was a thread on this a few weeks ago: 

The 993 are getting up there in price and he might be stretching it a bit.

I would agree, a good 993 is a 70k+ (in my opinion). He loves your car though Theo so if your thinking of selling.............!

Hugh,

I spoke to the owner of the white one on Saturday and was advised:

240,000km

Manual

Owned 8 years and serviced by Louie at Motion for 15 years

Bought it from a mate who had it for 7 1/2 years before that.  ie 3 owners 

Top end seals done at 120,000km

Steering rack done last year.

Needs a clutch that the owner is in the unhurried process of arranging

Was a daily driver until a year ago and has only been started 3 or 4 times in the last year.

Standard except for RS steering wheel, wheels, rear wing, side mirrors, cat bypass and maybe the springs. (Hasn't got the original parts though)  

Sydney delivered

2 spare keys and toolkit complete.

Located at Hawthorn

I think it ticks all the boxes to be seriously considered except for the price might be a bit high given the motor hasn't been reconditioned yet.  

The blue one only disappeared from Carsales today and is now shown as sold.  I was surprised it lasted so long actually.

If you happen to find two good cars when looking for one for TB, can you give me the tip off on the spare please? :-) 

Thanks Peter,

I too am surprised at the blue one, it looked like a great car but seemed to sit there - as your aware good cars don't last long! I'll be sure to keep you posted if I find anything worth passing on. I'm going to suggest he checks this one out, looks to be a pretty honest car.

Cheers,

Thanks Peter,

I too am surprised at the blue one, it looked like a great car but seemed to sit there - as your aware good cars don't last long! I'll be sure to keep you posted if I find anything worth passing on. I'm going to suggest he checks this one out, looks to be a pretty honest car.

Cheers,

the blue 964 C2 was for sale for quite a while and overall it was a solid car...however i did find 2 issues...rust b/w the front screen and the bonnet (not too sever but enough) and a significant oil leak from the bottom end..ended up being diagnosed as a leak from the through bolt (more than one)

Both issues easilt rectified if you could negotiate the right price...

I looked at the 964 prior to finding the 3.2 in Adelaide...the 3.2 was a fair bit cheaper and only needs some minor work ( full service with valve adjustment coming up) I have been very lazy posting up pics ect but I want to get it ready for summer ... I have hardly driven it!!

P.s who ownes the silver SC around the Ashwood/Ashburton area??

I would agree, a good 993 is a 70k+ (in my opinion). He loves your car though Theo so if your thinking of selling.............!

Everything has a price!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Would hate to go on the hunt for another though.

I looked at the 964 prior to finding the 3.2 in Adelaide...the 3.2 was a fair bit cheaper and only needs some minor work ( full service with valve adjustment coming up) I have been very lazy posting up pics ect but I want to get it ready for summer ... I have hardly driven it!!

P.s who ownes the silver SC around the Ashwood/Ashburton area??

That would be me.............

Actually could be anyone of a dozen people on this forum, but I dare say most wouldn't say as some can be a little private which is fair enough, so it's probably best not to ask.

Fair enough I probably didn't phrase that correctly, I just assumed that if it was someone here they would pm me, I wouldn't expect anyone else to identify any other individuals car/ details ect.

the blue 964 C2 was for sale for quite a while and overall it was a solid car...however i did find 2 issues...rust b/w the front screen and the bonnet (not too sever but enough) and a significant oil leak from the bottom end..ended up being diagnosed as a leak from the through bolt (more than one)

Both issues easilt rectified if you could negotiate the right price...

Thanks G5032, the search goes on..................

Archived