Roof Lining

smule

Looking to replace my roof lining which was once Ivory/offwhite and painted by a previous owner in black..

I like the current black look, but what are peoples thoughts on going back to Ivory..

Does it noticeably brighten up the interior on an otherwise all black interior ?

Was an ivory roof liner an option or standard on 84 delivered cars ?

Anyone had this done and recommend a shop .. Blackmans quoted me 900 with me supplying the car with no glass..

Thoughts ?

My '82 has ivory (pretty sure it was an option at least up to '88) and I just bought a replacement from the US.

I priced one up locally and while I always make every effort to support local the price difference was too much to ignore.

Front and rear windscreens need to be removed to fit the replacement roof lining, and it's a good time to change the windscreen rubbers anyway.

Yes it does brighten up the interior a bit.

My '82 has ivory (pretty sure it was an option at least up to '88) and I just bought a replacement from the US.

I priced one up locally and while I always make every effort to support local the price difference was too much to ignore.

Front and rear windscreens need to be removed to fit the replacement roof lining, and it's a good time to change the windscreen rubbers anyway.

Yes it does brighten up the interior a bit.

Did you fit it yourself or have someone do it ?

Ivory. No Doubt, it makes it more airy in there and is as it left the factory.

I replaced mine with one from lakewell.com, came pre cut and looks like a factory original.

Be aware though, to replace correctly, you need to remove front and rear windows, which in itself isn't that hard. getting the rear back in is and can be difficult.

I'd also strongly recommend trying to re-use the front and rear window seals if possible as new seals ramp up the re-installation difficulty factor.

I'd also strongly recommend trying to re-use the front and rear window seals if possible as new seals ramp up the re-installation difficulty factor.

Seconded ; the local w'screen experts rang me in tears one day , they were struggling badly.

my ivory roof lining and visors also look a little tired, so after some research i found that black was an option in the SC, so i purchased new visors and roof lining from pelican parts, I intend on getting it all done as some point, Ille be interested in how you go smule

• 4 weeks later...

Got a price to redo my interior. Worth the money but still eye watering.

Roof lining fitment was quoted at about $550 plus window removal, and that's with the material supplied.

Wayne's book has a good write up.

Depends upon whether your neck and back are up to it  :)

Archived