993 v 993 turbo

I love my 993 Turbo. The car just wants to kill you with its brutal acceleration and great looks.

As you are no doubt aware the Turbo is significantly more expensive to purchase than a Carrera and probably the same as a Carrera S.

They are generally in better condition and low KM’s than a Carrera as they cost 300K new and people tended to look after them a little bit better.

I guess you have to be a little more specific as to what information you’re after and I’m sure a few of us can help you.

My recommendation is drive both, and then try to keep the smile off ya face when the thing is on boost.

Good 993 video link below

http://youtu.be/8OwjBYwhdhU?t=6s

I love my 993 Turbo above all the other 911's I've had. It does everything, slow, fast, scary, cruising, the lot. It's bomb proof, depreciation proof, and it looks sensational against all other 911's. The King of Porsches to me. I can't recommend them highly enough. If I had to have just one interesting car this is it, but please buy one that's in good shape, ie no accident history, and flick the standard shocks at the earliest opportunity. How Porsche could put Monroe shocks in a car with the pull of a turbo is beyond imagination. Must be that wacky German humour at work again.i might know of a good car just PM me if you want to. All the best.

I love my 993 Turbo above all the other 911's I've had. It does everything, slow, fast, scary, cruising, the lot. It's bomb proof, depreciation proof, and it looks sensational against all other 911's. The King of Porsches to me. I can't recommend them highly enough. If I had to have just one interesting car this is it, but please buy one that's in good shape, ie no accident history, and flick the standard shocks at the earliest opportunity. How Porsche could put Monroe shocks in a car with the pull of a turbo is beyond imagination. Must be that wacky German humour at work again.i might know of a good car just PM me if you want to. All the best.

Simon

Did you do just shocks and not new springs.

My car is stock and it really is hunkered down, it feels like a go kart.

Jim

I wrote to Gert Carnewal for advice firstly, as I didn't really want the hassle of adjustable suspension, nor did I want to move away from standard specs. He advised that a set of Bilstein HD's would be the solution. We fitted those with the standard springs, and got very meticulous about alignments. The result was exactly as I hoped, sharp but not too sharp to render the car poor for the road.

I've never felt the need for any more from the Turbo since, and I do hunt it along at times. It's fine on track too.

Found the invoice the other day. It was about $2,500 all up including the fitting and alignment. Bargain.

Jim

I wrote to Gert Carnewal for advice firstly, as I didn't really want the hassle of adjustable suspension, nor did I want to move away from standard specs. He advised that a set of Bilstein HD's would be the solution. We fitted those with the standard springs, and got very meticulous about alignments. The result was exactly as I hoped, sharp but not too sharp to render the car poor for the road.

I've never felt the need for any more from the Turbo since, and I do hunt it along at times. It's fine on track too.

Found the invoice the other day. It was about $2,500 all up including the fitting and alignment. Bargain.

That would have been my preference as well if my car ever needed any suspension mods.

I had fitted Koni's on a previous P car with the same standard spring, it totally transformed it and could not have been happier.

Archived