PASM and ABS Lights on dash popped on.

Niko

Driving the Box this morning on Nepean highway, looked down and noticed the PASM and the ABS  lights glowing.   Both are next to each other on the dash.

Not sure how long they had been on, but I don't thing for very long Maybe a K or thereabouts.

I wasn't that far from JOCARO so thought if they stayed on I would pop in.

Pulled over turned the ignition on and off a couple of times fired it up lights remained on  for a couple of seconds then went off.   Brakes were all good even when light was on.

Did not appear for rest of the trip home....hopefully just a glich....happy for any thoughts???? 

Thank you gentlemen.........

I just took it for another drive and nothing so I would say maybe just a gliche or as you said Caver. :D

And Barry I know you say that in jest but your not far off the mark with that, our CX7 popped the engine management light a couple of months ago.   

Still under warranty, so took it back to Graeme POWELL, they had it all day, got rid of the warning light, and the only answer they could give me was my left foot braking interfered with the computer if acceleration slightly overlap the braking. :blink:

Interesting seeing as I have always left foot braked and the car had done 55K and never popped the light before, nor has it done it since. :mellow:

Or maybe you weren't saying that in jest?

• 6 months later...

I had the same thing happen on my 987 occasionally and randomly.  It would go weeks without hiccuping and then out of nowhere it would fail.  I suspected that it was simply the brake switch after seeing this in the Pelican parts forum and was a job that I would get around to sometime....  

A little while later it was in for a service and as luck would have it failed again during the test drive, traced and confirmed to be the switch as suspected.  $40 for a new switch, replaced in minutes and I have not had a problem since!

Thanks Mr Brunkel, see if it pops on during our epic trip to Canberra later this week, I will keep it in mind and might get the brake switch done next time it's in.

That is a great thread and it appears to be a common problem. Doesn't appear to effect breaking or PASM performance, although one poster had a brake lock up.

It hasn't returned on mine since the post, but worth getting done for sure.

Thanks again

Cheers mate.

Archived