912 JUNKER - REINCARNATION. From P.P. Latest newsletter

see below Wasserkuhl for link to this project...

I know you 912 people are going to love this story, actually it will appeal to just about everybody.

Transformation from goa to whoa is really unbelievable.

I have followed this thread for a while.

The guy states he is a novice, however the repair work he's made is better than some 'professionals' I have seen. Its marvellous display of what "men in sheds" can do.

I am still unsure as to whether I'd put a 911 engine in a 912 though. There is a local one that I viewed earlier this week that has had the same thing done. 1966 912 LHD, converted to RHD(extremely well I might add) and now has a CIS injected 2.7 and a 915 Box as its motivation. Its the same colour as mine and looks WICKED.

Now that 912's are starting to firm up, I reckon leaving them with that little flat four in their rump is the way to go. Believe me, they aren't slow and the handling is ridiculous for such an old car.

But I am a purist. I don't even like aftermarket steering wheels or gear knobs.

There's only one problem with 912's. Its the 911.

Man that's dedication for ya! What a rusty heap of junk it was to start with! A brave man.

I'm with Steve with being a bit of a purist (except for the steering wheel bit, and I like them LOW)

I never used to be until some of the VW blokes were doing most of their cars all original.

A 912 should stay as a 912 in my opinion. By installing a 6cyl and box at considerable cost doesn't automatically make it a 911.

How much did that 912/911 LHD sell for coupla months ago? $23k?

I've had an offer of $17k for mine as it is in bits and no paint! 

Originality wins every time I reckon

Archived