Another 993 Turbo for $180,000

Rarely, very rarely you might find one that has changed hands for $100,000, but it will probably have a tale or two to tell.

The good cars are $125,000 plus.

The really good cars are $150,000 plus

They have been that way for at least the past eight years.

This car has a couple of options that are obvious.

The instruments are the white faced sports dials, and are a delight to have in a 993.

The seats are the ruffle leather, which have never impressed me much.

It lacks the carbon/aluminium handbrake and option which gives the interior a more modern look.

As the very happy owner of a 993TT again, I hope he gets a good price.

Is it too dear?

Time will tell.

That very low km South Australian grey 993TT went for more than $150,000 didnt it?

Whilst its km's were low, it wasnt as clean as this one, and the silver still attracts a following.

Much slower than red though :-)

Big bucks, but very nice indeed.

Even the US cars are increasing in value. I was commenting on the weekend that if I had some spare bucks I would seriously consider one.

But maybe not quite at that price.

How much were they at their low point?

6 - 12 months ago there were quite a few low milers around the $150k mark that did not seem to move. Some of these were reduced in price if the seller was motivated.

More recently most in the range $120k to $130k.

Now sneaking under $120k.

There have been a couple of notable low mileage exceptions in the high $100k as per this thread and the seal grey that has been discussed. There was also a black on can can red car that jumped around from low $100k to $120 ish k.

I'm happy to be corrected as I do not watch as closely as some owners and potential owners. Jim are you in this second category?

As an aside, I used to be hooked up about mileage and by implication, condition. Not any more. My philosophy stopped me enjoying some good times along the way and it was caused partly by trying to preserve the value somewhat. Funny thing was I started to notice that the cars I really enjoyed were the ones where I just didnt care about putting miles on the clock. Nowadays I try to drive my cars as often as I can with no regard for preserving them for the next owner. It was really hammered home to me when I bought my old 993TT back. I am an enthusiast not a collector of cars, and the relief of not worrying overly on the next owners behalf is very nice indeed. My cars are always kept well, but now for me alone.

I hope the next owner of this TT Enjoys stretching its legs.

Archived