924 Carrera GT pushing at N'burg

333pg333

OK, Steve, you've forced my hand, I'm all in!!!

Vettel Red Bull Monster

"Firstly, a few disclaimers:

1. This was only my 2nd lap, in what has turned out to be this alternate universe craft.

2. I could only complete 3 laps because the forced feedback in the cockpit was so intense, and my feeble little arms and hands couldn't hack it after that! Not to mention what this mammoth intake of information did for my equally feeble brain! (I know, Red Bull aren't going to be calling me to replace the other old man!)

3. Inebriation - somewhat, and growing between laps, paralleled by increased use of expletives...

4. My driving/gear changing etc is very shabby, and I had at least three fatal accidents such that my lap was "invalidated" very early. "Holding a tiger by the tail" doesn't really come close to describing it... it was practically happening as fast as I could anticipate it!

5. You might think you know this track, but as T said, you need to be thinking about the third corner in front of you... and clean your glasses thoroughly!

6. This was videoed directly by my iphone of the TV so no quips about the quality.

But, outside all these excuses...

4.40secs around the Ring!    Boo-Yar!

and btw... its in MPH, not KPH!

(click on the 4 arrow expander on the toolbar below to see full screen)

FYI: I did a 4.38s on the third lap but my post lap debrief and recovery forced me to retreat outside for a smoke and cider, and I forgot to save it. 

NB: Done a 4.04 since, can't get under 4 minutes though...   <_<

and I'll raise you.

968 RS race car with no turbo, 290Bhp from an atmo 3.0 4Cylinder.

and can you tell it has solid engine and suspension mounts?

Actually the 968RS was a factory turbo car. However what they did was take the 8v head off the 944S with the 2.7L head (larger intake valves than 944 turbo) and mate it to the 3L block. It developed a little more than 290bhp...I believe about 350bhp. They built it for a particular series which worked at a power to weight ratio. That's probably why they didn't go for the 16v head as they achieved enough power with the 8v. That and the fact that they didn't want to humiliate the rear engine cars any more than necessary. The car in the video linked here is an RS in name only. Nothing wrong with that. He drives that car well. 

post-1135-0-18204400-1378983627_thumb.jp

post-1135-0-47297600-1378983655_thumb.jp

post-1135-0-25498100-1378983706_thumb.jp

Archived