Swapping headlight globes. HOW HARD CAN THIS BE!!!

ByronBayChris

So, I bought some blue vision h1 to replace my candles. Simple job he said to himself...... Mmmmm

Removed assembly. Easy. Unhooked old candle and the bloody clip came right off. Stupid me did not check how not looked to begin with.

Can someone tell me how to get this piece of origami back together? And yes, I checked the other unit and it has No clop - the globe has been screwed in with a small screw. :-(

So what is this clip called so I can buy another, and how the he'll does it fit

Please help me

20130923_153958_zps543e7f69.jpg

Steve, I was thinking hid, but concerned about the extra space needed and also potential heat issues. Have you Any problems with melting?

Re space  I didn`t put the ballasts inside the bucket as I didn`t think it a good idea, however others have and don`t seem to have any probs

re heat the globes appear to run cooler, the only heat I can detect is that the ballasts get warm, my ballasts just sit on the inner guard right next to the boot wall in that little cavity there. I installed them a few years ago and they have proved no problem at all 

Added benefit is that the engine revs don`t drop when you turn on the lights and as I have a LWF it has reduced stalling to virtually zero

You may find - as I did - that the hid's won't 'throw' much of a beam but that they will p1ss off oncoming cars.  It seems that our headlight glasses are ribbed in a way that doesn't work all that well with modern globes.  I'm interested to know how it all works when you've finished and whether you get a decent beam instead of just a very bright glare.

James from this forum sourced some clear glass for me, it is a marked improvement although it looks kinda different with those lenses fitted.  But I can see where I'm going at night.

You may find - as I did - that the hid's won't 'throw' much of a beam but that they will p1ss off oncoming cars.  It seems that our headlight glasses are ribbed in a way that doesn't work all that well with modern globes.  I'm interested to know how it all works when you've finished and whether you get a decent beam instead of just a very bright glare.

James from this forum sourced some clear glass for me, it is a marked improvement although it looks kinda different with those lenses fitted.  But I can see where I'm going at night.

they work really well in the 993 lights, good penetration and I don`t get flashed by oncoming cars 

Archived