Musee Des 24 Heures

One of my favourite stops on our quick tour of France was a visit to Le Mans, a walk through the museum and a drive on the public section of the famous Circuit De La Sarthe. I'd never been a Le Mans fan but in recent years I've taken an interest, mainly due to my tragic obsession with Gran Turismo 5. After watching the race this year and knowing Porsche and Mark Webber will be in it next year, I've become a big fan of the race. So to visit the museum and see so many significant cars and drive the track was pretty special. So here's a big pile of photos. Hope you enjoy them.

IMG_0624_zps4d051f9c.jpg

IMG_0794_zps23ab25bf.jpg

Mulsanne Straight

IMG_0796_zpsa991005a.jpg

Looking back at the straight before Arnage

IMG_0850_zpsdc0cb942.jpg

Arnage and Indiannapolis

IMG_0846_zps64ed3065.jpg

The hire car on Arnage

IMG_0852_zpsd0c14370.jpg

You know, we were only in France for 8 days but it was worth every cent and the 48hours worth of plane travel. We left the kids with the grandparents so it meant the wife and I got the chance to remember what it's like to have romance in the relationship and actually spend time together just the two of us. We had two nights in Paris then drove from Paris to Le Mans then stayed in a Chateau about 30 min south of Le Mans for one night. From there we headed west and stayed in a town called Dinan for one night before heading to St Malo for 3 nights. We were there for a mates wedding so I had friends from all over the globe reunite in this one place. It was just a sensational weekend and an amazing wedding which went till 5am. So yes it was an awesome trip :)

Archived