991S

Guest Harold

Guest Harold

It has taken me just on 4 months to start to like the P car. Coming from a C63 I have been thinking I made a costly and silly mistake. I now realize it is a vastly different driving experience and you can't really compare the two until you get on a winding remote road. In city traffic the AMG sound is seductive and it is so easy to exploit the down low torque.

I have a boat berthed at church point (Sydney siders will know where that is) and on Friday I had to go down there to see if the crane had been refitted (long story but bigger boats are far more expensive to own than a Porsche). I took the long way there via McCarrs Creek road and as I drove along I realized in a P car you become as one with the thing. In the AMG you sit in it and steer, brake etc.

Bit weird to explain but anyway, I am now starting to think it was a step forward in car ownership. Guess time will tell.

Stay safe.

Geez Harold,

as a P car owner & double AMG Merc owner I welcome you back to the world of the sane, I thought we may have had to get Uncle to come around to your house for re-education on the meaning of life!

Archived