Targa High Country

GC9911

Anyone going to the Targa High Country next week? It is at Mansfield & Mt Bulla, starts on Friday & runs over the weekend. PCA have organised a Porsche tour on the closed road stages, I hope to have some GoPro footage & will post after if it works out ok.

Should be close for the PFA VIC crew?

Would really like to go to that but it always seems to clash with something else each year. Look forward to hearing all about it though. That's a tough road and has brought plenty undone over the years. I had a bus slide off the road right in front of me once....

Am heading Friday sometime to catch the prologue, then head out for the Saturday legs.

Just the one day, got things to do Sunday.

Might take a few shots.

Cheers

rEd

I'll keep my eye put for you & say hello, the P cars are in the prologue just not sure if we are before or after the comp cars. Most of the P cars assemble at the oval just next to the council chambers.

What's the cost of the p car high country piece GC? This year is out but I'd like to try next year if time and $$ permit

nath, $4,750 which includes everything, accomodation for 2, quality meals & drinks, driving fees for the closed roads, it's superbly (that's a good word rarely used) organised & spectacular fun. If you want to drive your Porsche as I know you do Nath, this is the go. Targa Tas is better value as it is for 6 days not 3 & the stages are longer, it's about $7K.

• 2 weeks later...

It was a fantastic weekend. The organisation was excellent and despite the weather reports the tour cars really had better conditions than the competition cars following not far behind. A damp run down the mountain Saturday morning and a damp not wet run up on Saturday afternoon before the rain tested the competitors. The rest of the weekend the roads and stops were all dry and in very pleasant conditions. The iced car on facebook was mine!!

Archived