Rear boot lid flex

hugh

Hey,

If I raise my rear boot lid, it has quite a bit of flex/movement side to side. Does anyone else have much play in theirs? Any suggestions to remedy this PFA ers?

I feel that this may be contributing to the boot catch being released under load as I have adjusted every other component aside from the hinges (that are allowing the side to side movement).

Any advice and suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

I've got a fair bit of play and the lids pretty flimsy, but I haven't had the issue of it popping open

have you compared the release mechanism to another one to see if they look the same?

You have watched the alignment from behind and from the side as you lower the lid?

You have adjusted the rubber stops?

It is a bit of a fiddle but unless it has been shunted out of whack , you will get there (despite the side to side wiggle, which is normal)

Can you get perfect shutlines?

I've got a fair bit of play and the lids pretty flimsy, but I haven't had the issue of it popping open

have you compared the release mechanism to another one to see if they look the same?

Yes, checked the mech all seems to be in good order.

You have watched the alignment from behind and from the side as you lower the lid?

You have adjusted the rubber stops?

It is a bit of a fiddle but unless it has been shunted out of whack , you will get there (despite the side to side wiggle, which is normal)

Can you get perfect shutlines?

Alignment looks to be perfect, gaps spot on and he lid is centred. I replaced the rubbers and have been playing with them (winding them up and down) but it still pops on the odd occasion. Everything seems to be spot on, the only thing remaining is that sideways movement that seems to be typical.

On mine, you can screw the latch with a flat head screw driver which makes the latch catch more or less depending on how much you screw it. Have you played with that?

Yes, I have been continually adjusting it. Still seems to pop it's way out over a big bump or hard cornering. Very frustrating!

Archived