Fuel injector service

911oclock

After a good hard run the other day I noticed the idle getting a bit lumpy so pulled and cleaned/lubed the ICV.  A fair amount of black gunk washed out- well it didn't fix the problem completely but did help the idle settle a little bit. The car has 190k on the clock with no known history of an injector clean/flow/pattern check so will look at that next.  Can anyone recommend some where in Brisbane to service injectors?

Thanks

Andrew

have you run injector cleaner through it? and what's your fuel filter like?

I'd ring TD Automotive and see who they use (I know with CIS you bash the huge brass injector a couple of times and they come good lol)

Otherwise, I've got an ultrasonic cleaning bath (which is what they use in combination with a few other things to clean injectors) which you can borrow if it helps?

Im with Russ, ultrasonic cleaning baths do the trick. You can just let them sit in the bath, but the best way is to connect an appropriate voltage AC power adapter to the injector terminals, so that they open and close to get a complete clean from them.

Otherwise TD Automotive or Don should be able to work something out.  

At the last service I put a bottle of 'injector cleaner' in the tank, it didn't seem to make any noticeable difference. Fuel filter was replaced in August. Thanks for the offer Russ but thought since they are coming out i would get them flowed and pattern checked as well, I'd hate to get everything back together and discover one was crap! I'll try T&D

• 1 month later...

On recommendation from TD I used 'Mobile Injector Servises'. Gavin is a top chap and did a great job of the refurb, he even blasted and painted the injector cases so they look new! Finally got to put everything back together tonight and after a quick test drive I can say it has made a huge difference to the idle and also cleaned up the acceleraton (no hesitation).

The reinstall was very straight forward aside from the minor issue of a cotton bud dropped down an injector hole.... Ahhhh! Managed to fish it out using a length of copper wire with a hook bent on the end.

Ready for the next SMT

Archived