The mod itch is back

Kelly

Well I've been back in Oz for a year now . I de-modded my car extensively before bringing it back to Australia, primarily for compliance purposes, That said once I got to Sydney I was a bit depressed at the numbers of police I saw every day and was concerned that a heavily modded car could be a problem here.

A year later I have only been stopped once for a RBT/Drugs test and today I just did my first 'normal' pink slip with the 996. Sooooooo.... now feeling very inclined to start ditching weight and putting the GT3 fixed bucket seats, lithium battery & 1/2 cage back in the car.

Such a proposition is completely impractical of course. Just feeling a need to do it anyway.

I don't think the mod itch ever leaves you, it gets under the skin and is always there daring you to do something else. As for driving a modded car, a mate had a massively modded scirocco full cage, fabric tow hooks on permanently etc etc and it's road registered (somehow) and has never had any issues with police.

These are encouraging anecdotes. On the occasion that I was stopped for the RBT & drug test, once the results came up clear the policeman concerned chilled out and made positive comments about the car and the fact that they don't see many of them in rooty hill ( which happens to be on my way to the blue mountains/work.).

Make friends with an engineer who can provide certificates for your mods if you're really worried.  Really, most of the banned mods are for your safety anyway (ie. full roll-cages on the street - don't want to bang your melon on one of those!)...

These are encouraging anecdotes. On the occasion that I was stopped for the RBT & drug test, once the results came up clear the policeman concerned chilled out and made positive comments about the car and the fact that they don't see many of them in rooty hill ( which happens to be on my way to the blue mountains/work.).

funnily enough i stay in kurrajong/blue mountains when i visit, and hang around rooty hill when going to eastern creek for events (friends stay at the hotel there) :)

we range far and wide over nsw and sydney, and never had trouble and as you can see our group can stand out a bit in traffic!

MfVm5H0.jpg

FMqzQ7U.jpg

From experience... LOL 

You'll be fine. I mean, you know how you sold me your car... and now it stands now. Not sure if you know how it sounds, but it sounds like it belongs on a track, not a road especially with this cam i've got in it. Being on P's too.. I got pulled over a lot because of driving a porsche. A torch in the car quickly and i'm good to go. 

I only get scared from highway patrol because my car is 102db and the regulation is 89db. Also they'd probably not be happy with what's under the bonnet too. But i'll worry less in less then a month :)

But as for you, you'll be fine. Most police are clueless about Porsches. Tell em it's factory and they'll believe you. Just like that "oil cooler" i have just behind my bumper bar.

Archived