My xmas present arrived at 930pm on xmas eve!

Hounddub

So after 8 weeks of waiting and wondering the fine men at the department of infrastructure approved my import permit on christmas eve.

The Targa will be on it's way from Singapore as soon as I get back on te 3rd of January.

Having driven a rental in Sydney for the past 2 weeks I cant wait.

Oooh!! That's a nice feeling when those Dotmar papers come through and are approved.

Don't forget to get the boys in Singapore to clean it properly underneath.

If it fails quarantine here it really adds cost to the project.

They are going to gouge enough off you anyway.

They will also handle your car more than necessary too.

Probably have to put it on a truck to get it steam cleaned by an approved company.

Up to you.

Dave

So after 8 weeks of waiting and wondering the fine men at the department of infrastructure approved my import permit on christmas eve.

The Targa will be on it's way from Singapore as soon as I get back on te 3rd of January.

Having driven a rental in Sydney for the past 2 weeks I cant wait.

Congrats! ... I am based largely in Singapore for work and did not know many cars were being sent to Oz... Most found their way to New Zealand usually.

Hopefully you will be pleased. Cars in Singapore generally are well cared for and condition tends to be good on most examples given how prohibitively expensive these cars are in Singapore- it's a substantial investment and hence most are treated very well.

Oooh!! That's a nice feeling when those Dotmar papers come through and are approved.

Don't forget to get the boys in Singapore to clean it properly underneath.

If it fails quarantine here it really adds cost to the project.

They are going to gouge enough off you anyway.

They will also handle your car more than necessary too.

Probably have to put it on a truck to get it steam cleaned by an approved company.

Up to you.

Dave

When mine came in all I did was give it a wash before hand. It arrived filthy and covered in seagull shit but no cleaning required. Ymmv.

Congrats! ... I am based largely in Singapore for work and did not know many cars were being sent to Oz... Most found their way to New Zealand usually.

Hopefully you will be pleased. Cars in Singapore generally are well cared for and condition tends to be good on most examples given how prohibitively expensive these cars are in Singapore- it's a substantial investment and hence most are treated very well.

Having lived in Singapore for many years I know my way around the car market pretty well. Even though the prices look immense the COE and import tax rebates from the Singapore government for exporting the car equates to nearly 60% of my purchase price.

You are very right about the condition of cars up here though. The original owner of mine has 11 other cars and put 12,000kms on mine in the first 5 years.

Having lived in Singapore for many years I know my way around the car market pretty well. Even though the prices look immense the COE and import tax rebates from the Singapore government for exporting the car equates to nearly 60% of my purchase price.

You are very right about the condition of cars up here though. The original owner of mine has 11 other cars and put 12,000kms on mine in the first 5 years.

You still in Singapore currently or are you back in Oz already? I'm still going to be in Singapore for the foreseeable future sadly... But definitely will be doing my car collecting in Oz, not Singapore. Hate the fact that I'm just paying the government to effectively lease a car for 10 years and heavens knows I have paid them more than enough as far as I am concerned on the car front. Well I guess at least it's selective taxation. Congrats again and if you are ever in Singapore do contact me and we can catch up.

Cheers.

Archived