Window Switch Question

Doish13

Hi all happy new year.

Finally tackled my burnt out window motor today and &@&@ it was a @@"&&&&& of a task.

Clearly the re assembly of the motor then regulator is some kind of sick joke concocted up by a couple of Germans 35 years ago in Stuttgart as unless you have tiny chimpanzee like hands changing this is on par with water boarding or electrical torture.

Thankfully enter Caver at this point as I drive over for some help as I was just about to lose my mind with the fidly bits and after much cursing young Caveman had it fixed. Issue now is I took off the drivers side passenger control switch however did not take note of the colors and as a result I'm now blowing window fuse's.

Now that I have had my rant can anyone help with the proper colours ie top 2 pins, middle 2 pins and bottom single.

Thanks and thanks again Caver what was a simple task nearly sent me over re edge today.

Thanks guys.

I will take a look at those Pics to see if they match mine as issue I also have is some of the wife's have been replaced by the PO with new colours.

Greg also very helpful as a last resort I may call you this week later as you have offered.

Caledonian, thanks for the pictures, however, note that it's the Passenger Window switch on the DRIVERS side that Doish needs.  I wrote down the passenger side wiring earlier, but unfortunately, Doish pulled off the drivers side switch before we realised that the cable colours are different.

I can probably work it out with a multimeter next time he's here.  He just has to reach across to the passenger door at the moment, if he wants to open the window.

Ah Harvs....there's green and red/white and red/black too.....I've got a SC wiring diagram here....just have to trace it out.  I'll sort it out before Canberra!!!!

At one point, Danesh was so frustrated with it, he was prepared to give his car away!  He promptly changed his tune when I accepted it!

At least the winder now works and that's the main thing.

Here we go, again they are not great but got me by when i had to replace the passenger switch…

Hope they are of some use.

Yep....these are fine!  Thank you!  I reckon I've got it sorted now.  Thanks!

Archived