looking for a minty S2 944

michel

Good mate in Canberra (mick) is looking for a great S2 944.

He's not new to P ownership having a 911 and just sold his S1 944.

Will be a straightforward purchase if there is a good car out there.

If you have a S2 944 or know someone who is considering selling, send me a PM and Ill put you in touch with Mick

cheers

Michel

I always assumed Mick would go for another Guards Red or perhaps Black.. surprised to hear he wants a"Mint" coloured 944?

I think there was a Mint coloured 968 on here not long ago, you think he might upgrade ?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

cabs arent on the menu amigo...

did i say mick is a finicky fella?

So at the moment no cabs, no silver, grey or black cars.. (Blk would damn well freak him out.) less than 180k's

Manual a preference auto ok, no mods unless they were a sanctioned 951 factory dealer option

I did say mick was finicky

It was just prices I was making reference to. Nice coupes at a bargain are starting to appear.

got that

Mick has all but given up hope and is considering the purchase of a TR7 or a first gen MR2... so come on guys help him out...isnt there a S2 somewhere that comes even close to Mick the fincicks needs?

Thanks Michel, but why stop now you are doing such a great job :)

Thanks everyone who has contributed to date and also 9fan for the advice and it was absolutely great to meet you and the other PFA guys at last weekends Canberra SMT and it convinced me to join the PFA. BTW I love that 968CS of yours and the photos on here don't do it justice.

OK, despite Michel's good natured banter I am only being 1/2 "Finicky", having recently owned a tired high Km 1989 944 I found it to be as much fun as my 911SC and decided I wanted another one as a keeper.

So with a SWMBO budget of up to $20,000 I am looking for a non-turbo very well cared for good service history 944S2 (will consider similar 87-89 944's). Prefer under 180,000km lighter coloured eg. red to white with the dark interior, no black or silver to wet cement colours.

I am Canberra based and as I don't do sight unseen purchases I have set myself an approx travel range of Adelaide area Eastwards and SEQLD Southwards, sorry WA & NT.

Thanks again for the advice so far and I am in no rush but the wife is hinting at using the cash for an X-Trail, so if you have or know of something that is not on the usual carsales, gumtree or Porsche club sites, please let me know. 

Archived