OBTAINING DATE OF MANUFACTURE FOR 911

Chucky D

Hello All

I am trying to import a 964 from the UK.The Australian import law states it must have been manufactured before the 1/1/1989 however the first date of registration was 8/8/89.

The Chasis is number WPO ZZZ 96Z KS4 01743 How do I find the date of manufacture????????.

Thanks

Charles

Hi Charles

My 964 is a Hong Kong import via Great Britain, its a August 1990 model. The bloke I bought it from didnt seem to mention any trouble bringing it over except that it required an engineers certificate for registration in Australia.

Frank

• 4 years later...

Hi, The K stands for the series Model which is 89, L is 90 and M 91 N 92,The build date is on a small alloy plate on the right hand side front rail which is about 50mm x 30mm, the month and year is stamped on there,get the guy to have a look and take a photo and email it to you .

hope this is some help cheers tomo 

Try this to decode your Vin http://stuttcars.com/technical/vin-decoder

Hi Charles

My 964 is a Hong Kong import via Great Britain, its a August 1990 model. The bloke I bought it from didnt seem to mention any trouble bringing it over except that it required an engineers certificate for registration in Australia.

Frank

Hey Frank,

Yours might have been a personal import, which means it can be manufactured in any year as long as the person importing it has personally owned it for min. 12 months .....

Pretty sure you're going to be out of luck. All 964s are build date 1989 or later. You need an 88 build to import, unless you own and use the car in the source country for 12 months or longer which is when the 1/1/1989 rules kicks in. You need to supply lots of evidence with a personal import including passport, registration, insurance and even parking permits. It has to show use and mileage in the source country.

Cars such as frank964 are definitely personally imported (should have big yellow sticker on it somewhere) or were brought in a long time ago before the rules changed.

964 = no import! sorry. I hope you haven't bought it yet.

Archived