Indicator problem

Simonk

Hey guys I need some help tracking down an electrical gremlin. My front right indicator has stopped working. The other 5 are working fine. I did the obvious and replaced the globe but still not working so I pulled the housing apart which looking a little powdery. I used a test light to test the wires behind the fitting and it's not getting any power.

So where to from here? I tried to trace the wires back but can't figure out where the other end is. Any help would be appreciated before I send it off to an auto electrician.

Try locate the wiring diagram for your car. Even ask on rennlist. I did that to my car when half of my interior lights just stopped working. with out touching anything...

I can help you read the diagram if you can find it.

Try locate the wiring diagram for your car. Even ask on rennlist. I did that to my car when half of my interior lights just stopped working. with out touching anything...

I can help you read the diagram if you can find it.

There is a link on here somewhere, to the repair manuals, which include wiring diagrams. Cant find it but the post was called something like "911 stuff all years" 

Thanks for your help and humour guys. All sorted out. I worked out it was the earth wire which was dodgy. I also worked out the indicator wiring goes into the back of the headlight housing. In there was a plug that attached the earth wire from the indicator to the headlight earth wire. It had come apart so all I had to do was push it back together.

Archived