I drove the new GT3 today

GC9911

Isn't there a nose lift option ? I know the 997.2 GT3 had it.

Just checked the P site & no nose lift option listed. I know there are aftermarket lift options out there for earlier models so I'm sure one won't be far away for the GT3, you're definitely going to need one or access to a lot of new front bars.

Guest Harold

Thanks for the feedback Greg. I think the ride height would be a problem for me. I learnt from a mate with an M3 to put the P car suspension in sports thus restricting the wheel travel movement when navigating over bumps and driveways. I think if it is lower it would be a bit of a problem for me. The 991rides fine. My C63 was a 2012 face lifted one and I didn't find the ride too bad on 18's. I test drove the GTR and if I bought one of those I would have needed a chiro on staff.

I think I will stick with the 991S far a little while longer. I was dismayed to learn there is a new model coming out next year. Won't do much for our resale values.

Harold,

You can option a front axle lift system in the gt3, so speed humps etc no problems... Not like 996 GT3, which is shut up and put up!:lol:

Harold,

You can option a front axle lift system in the gt3, so speed jumps etc no problems... Not like 996 GT3, which is shut up and put up!:lol:

Thanks for the feedback Greg. I think the ride height would be a problem for me. I learnt from a mate with an M3 to put the P car suspension in sports thus restricting the wheel travel movement when navigating over bumps and driveways. I think if it is lower it would be a bit of a problem for me. The 991rides fine. My C63 was a 2012 face lifted one and I didn't find the ride too bad on 18's. I test drove the GTR and if I bought one of those I would have needed a chiro on staff.

I think I will stick with the 991S far a little while longer. I was dismayed to learn there is a new model coming out next year. Won't do much for our resale values.

Yes, I have similar thoughts, the 991S is so accomplished I'm not sure I can justify the change or need to realise a loss for a little gain in speed I can't use.

I never thought about using sports mode to stiffen the suspension for the driveway but I am certainly going to give it a try.

Uh Oh, GT3 plans on hold, anyone else seen the articles on 5? GT3's in Europe catching fire? Porsche has put all sales on hold until they get to the bottom of the fire problems.

http://www.gtspirit.com/2014/02/15/deliveries-of-porsche-911-gt3-said-to-be-suspended-following-fires/

Geez we're going to cop it from the Ferrari crew if this is true!

Yeah saw that, one had something like 60km on the clock, issue with the oil system or something connected.

Anyway not good, then again on top gear yesterday the supercar clarkson was testing caught fire while he was driving it....

Archived