Hello from new member

Hi, just thought I would introduce myself as I have just joined the forum.

I have just bought my first Porsche, its a 2001 model, 911 Carrera soft top, very low mileage (16,000km) and in excellent condition.

I am still finding my way around the car, it keeps resetting the seat position every time I get in it, hopefully a good read of the owners manual will sort that out soon!

I have to say that listening to a Porsche flat 6 at 7000 rpm with the roof down is a pretty awesome..

Anyway, hi!!

Gary

Good to have you aboard Gary.

Have to admit, there is actually a benefit to not having air conditioning in either of my cars - wait for it... wait for it.... - you are forced into having both windows fully open for at least half the year and listening to the soundtrack whenever possible! At least thats my story... ;)B)

Enjoy your new baby, its the honeymoon period! :D

Kerry

Hi, just thought I would introduce myself as I have just joined the forum.

I have just bought my first Porsche, its a 2001 model, 911 Carrera soft top, very low mileage (16,000km) and in excellent condition.

I am still finding my way around the car, it keeps resetting the seat position every time I get in it, hopefully a good read of the owners manual will sort that out soon!

I have to say that listening to a Porsche flat 6 at 7000 rpm with the roof down is a pretty awesome..

Anyway, hi!!

Gary

re:seat resetting

reset mirror/seat memory or try using the other key

Hi Whipit

The keys for your car (late model) each have an identification chip in them, the ID chip gives the immobiliser the 'go ahead' to start the car. It also recognises which key it is for any personal settings memorised in the car if the car is shared, like a his and hers set up.

BTW, dont worry about stupid questions, thats what the forum is for! :P

Frank

Thanks everyone, I re read the owners manual (again) and worked out what the two coloured keys are for and how to set them (press M & the Key Button) so now have it working as it should :)

Just joined the SA Porsche Club and took my car to Buik Motor Works in the city and they couldn't be more helpful. They had a look at the car, checked its service history and vital signs and suggested I go back when the regular 20,000 k service is due. Very impressed with the time they gave me and how open and honest they were, even to the point of taking me into the workshop, where they had another 911 on the hoist and went through all the various areas to look for, known oil leak areas etc etc.

I feel a bit more confident now about on the odd occasions letting it open up, I am truly surprised just how willing it is to rev, I have had various V8 performance cars in the past but nothing like the 911. That sound is beautiful.

Thanks again,

Gary

Archived