991 TurboS trounces Nissan's GTR current model

Jimmy

Nice vid Jim,

The way i see it. Porsche is always going to have an answer to nissan. the 911 turbo is named "The bench mark" If they ever do a GT2/rs hands down, again it'll blitz the GTR Nismo Vspec II nür what ever they call it edition. 

$180k vs $476k.

The Porsche might be better in every way, but is it more than double the price better? I'd be happy to take a second hand 911 Turbo once someone else has eaten the inevitible $300k depreciation that they're going to cop in the first 4-5 years.

The price of a 911 is irrelevant when the company can sell every single one it makes at that price. 

But it's perfectly true , you can pick one up cheap a few years down the track. No point in nissin' out.

And given the legendary bulletproof reliability , it shouldn't cost much to run. 

So in general , a happy outlook all round  :) World's best outcome!

Full summary here 

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/Drives/Search-Results/First-drives/Porsche-911-Turbo-S-vs-Nissan-GT-R-2014-CAR-review/

Horses for courses (as usual with these comparisons ) and it will be interesting to see how two evenly matched drivers compare...and back to back as well. Even though it's a sample size of ...two!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Harold

One could be excused for wondering what the relevance of the comparison is unless you seek to race either of the machines. I live at Pymble and work in north Sydney, many days I get blown off by people on push bikes in the inevitable traffic.

Archived