Nicer Noise.

Orion03

I gather that these are a polished version of the so called 'Gundo hack' process, that can easily be done locally by a competent exhaust shop.  Any one done this?

Gday Merv, I recently removed the mufflers from my 996 and had the local exhaust shop do the "Gundo Hack". From what I can see the 997 mufflers look pretty much the same. After looking on youtube, this is pretty much the change in noise you can expect.

Cheers Steve

My 997 has the factory sports exhaust, and it doesn't sound like that Tubi. (I'm assuming here the sports exhaust and the gundo sound similar).

I generally only open the exhaust when I see an onramp as it also puts the PASM into sport as well.

In my car at least I don't notice a whole lot of drone, 997s have a whole heap of sound deadening in them. I need to roll down the windows to get the full effect of the exhaust.

Thanks for that.  There is the Gundo and the Fister I gather.  They are different in configuration.  I seem to be only able to attach one here due to file size limitations (I have reduced to almost nothing ...)

post-1078-0-68412100-1406203217_thumb.jp

To confuse you further Merv, there's two methods of doing the hack. One works with the 996 where the inlet and outlet are joined. The other is either 996.2 or 997(can't remember) where the cap on the corner is cut out and a third pipe is connected from the cap to the outlet pipe.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Gundo hack with a Cat bypass from Fabspeed.  Low $$'s before investing in a full system.  Alternatively, I reckon a set of Fabspeed headers with straight through pipes would be riotous! :)   As soon as my car can't be warranted anymore, I'm going full riot!

Archived