Porsche museum

Chris-p

Hi everyone,

In Stuttgart at the moment, spent the day yesterday after flying overnight from New York at the Porsche museum.

What a great day I had, jet lag and all. Lots of photos to follow and highly recommend the visit. Some spectacular cars on display.

Then got to watch the GP at a sensible time just didn't get the result I hoped for....

Speak to you all when I get back.

Cheers

Chris

Hi Chris,

Hope you are having a good time.I must get to the museum soon... it's on my 'bucket list'!

Pity about Webber, but he just did not have the pace the whole weekend. It was sad to see Alonso and Mark held up by Petrov in the Renault....those French engines are just so powerful and in a straight line the two guys behind clearly could not get close enough to 'have a go'.

See you when you return,

David

Hi everyone,

In Stuttgart at the moment, spent the day yesterday after flying overnight from New York at the Porsche museum.

What a great day I had, jet lag and all. Lots of photos to follow and highly recommend the visit. Some spectacular cars on display.

Then got to watch the GP and a sensible time just didn't get the result I hoped for....

Speak to you all when I get back.

Cheers

Chris

Hi Chris, Sounds like a great trip. Soak up every minute & enjoy :)

Hey Chris, don't forget to get me that Toaster that cooks on a map of the Nurburgring on each slice! :blink::D:P LOL!!!

Catch up soon, do you think you'll be awake enough for Cruden Park on Sunday?

Enjoy and travel safe,

Kerry

Thanks everyone for the kind wishes, great experience and one I will treasure. As David says it's definitely a bucket list item

Thye have done a terrific job and held my interest with every display item,some achingly beautiful cars...

Well now in Cologne and down to work for the next few days.

Kerry I had my days mixed up, I will still be in the air on Sunday arriving back Monday morning. Sorry no toaster as I am traveling with a carry on bag only :D

Looking forward to catching up when I get back.

Cheers

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

Back fromt he trip to US and Germany and of course the Porsche Museum. What a great experience and one i will remember always.

As promised here is the link to some photos I took. These were all just taken with my phone! Hope you enjoy them. :D

My link

Cheers

Chris

• 7 months later...

Make that TWO!!!

Hi Folks,

Just back from my 'bucket list' visit to the Porsche Museum. I am in Amsterdam and did a crazy 600km drive on the autobahns to get to Stuttgart then returned to Amsterdam the same day. It was a blast!

Only problem was I was driving a Volvo! Thankfully they let me into t.he Museum car park in it.

The Museum exceeded my expectations and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I wore my Porsche Club Hong Kong t-shirt and they acknowledged club membership by giving me free parking, half price entry and 15% discount on anything being sold. The guy jokingly offered me the same discount on a new Porsche.. Maybe he was serious but my missus wouldn't have seen the bright side of turning up with a new 911.

Several of the cars recently in Australia were in the workshop, still wearing their 60 years of Porsche in Australia stickers.

It was a memorable day topped off by a visit to the Auto & Technik Museum in Sinsheim. This unbelievable collection of planes, cars, trains and military machinery is not far from Stuttgart and is well worth a visit. The sight of the Concorde alongside the TU 144 is enough reason for aviation buffs like me, bur the sports and racing car collection is one of the most comprehensive. Google the site for more details.

Cheers,

Wayne

Archived