Air pumps...

SteamWolf

Thanks Caledonian....

It's lucky I don't succumb to peer pressure easily.... or let it affect me. Otherwise I might end up with with some monstrosity car that I will need to sell just to pay for the mods everyone else thinks I should do...

I really don't mind the ribbing... keep me on my toes and makes for interesting reading...

Otherwise I might end up with with some monstrosity car that I will need to sell just to pay for the mods everyone else thinks I should do...

...and what are these mods of which you speak  :rolleyes:  Pray tell , if only to highlight the tastes of your peers!

I always subscribe to the notion what came from the factory was a starting point...for the person who bought it...who may or may not have had taste.

Mind you , I don't stray far from the original , but some things can be improved. For one , cardboard in a Porsche? Plastic door handles?

Q. Where's the logic in fitting a pump which requires more energy (fuel) to drive it if you are trying to be more eco friendly?

A. Stupid politicians being held to ransom by narrow minded greenies!

ps. this is not meant to fire up a political debate.

Q. Where's the logic in fitting a pump which requires more energy (fuel) to drive it if you are trying to be more eco friendly?

A. Stupid politicians being held to ransom by narrow minded greenies!

ps. this is not meant to fire up a political debate.

Or offend the tree huggers environmentally conscious within the community  :unsure:

Thanks Caledonian....

It's lucky I don't succumb to peer pressure easily.... or let it affect me. Otherwise I might end up with with some monstrosity car that I will need to sell just to pay for the mods everyone else thinks I should do...

I really don't mind the ribbing... keep me on my toes and makes for interesting reading...

I feel bad now as I was really just being as sarcastic as everyone else. :huh:

We all hail from different parts of the country (world) and have different preferences,opinions, resources (time and financial) but we all share a passion for the same marque, and individually its various forms as it has evolved over time.   

Although the degree of this passion may vary, it is the one thing we all have in common and is what makes this forum work. Not many places i know of where a complete stranger will send you a tool or a part you needed, or offer the use of their facilities with no expectation of anything in return other than a thank you. Open invitations to sports and "alcoholic events are not what you would do on Facebook, no problems with that here.

A bit of ribbing, paying out or just plain pi$$ taking is just part of this community, and I'm certain its never meant to offend or insult.

But seriously, an air pump still on your car :D

And you started off so sincerely Caledonian.....

Seems like the pi$$ takers weren't only at Uncles scotch night....

I now see that they are scattered all over this pi$$ taking land of ours.....  :P

And here I was trying to be politically correct and now I'm getting the pi$$ taken out of me.....

Go figure....

Not surprising . seeing as you insist on that catheteric converter thing in your engine bay  ;)

Please....... don't be shy..... tell me how you really feel about my catheteric converter thing...

I wouldnt want you to feel that you have to bottle things up on my account.....

I'm good thanks! Dreaming of the next round of porsche-related wallet lightening...

BTW...I really did like your brown leather seats. They looked like the sort of seats from which scotch and cigars might be consumed. I wouldn't change those!

Speaking of pi$$ takers at Uncles scotch night..... how are you tit?

Hey, Hey Tazzieman.....

Don't be so quick to throw around the "antique" word....

She's a gracefully aged machine that still gets a regular workout...

Regarding the motor, not entirely sure of the history of it.... it's the original one, has turbo valve covers fitted and ??????

One of the PO's must have painted the fan red.... don't know anthing else.....

Thanks for the compliments on my Brown, brown and brown interior Tit .......

It must have been a special order as it's all leather.... most of the ones I've seen are either cloth or have cloth inserts...

I won't be changing them at all.... reeks of the 80's and I love that..... :)

Hey, Hey Tazzieman.....

Don't be so quick to throw around the "antique" word....

She's a gracefully aged machine that still gets a regular workout...

Mine is even antiquier and also gets a regular workout. Daily driver , but not on days when the other 4 get driven to work  :)

Archived