breakdown embarrassment

Hughesy

well gents, I need your help please  again

the immobiliser automatically kicked in today 

it hasn't been working for a while. no remote central locking open/close with key remote. have had to use key to open and lock car.

today after picking up coffees car started , lost all power and then started thankfully..

got to next port of call without a hitch and then when I went to restart nothing  ...no power to ignition and no dash lights BUT radio/power roof/lights/wipers etc all work 

DME checks out ok 

I noticed that the immobilser light is now flashing furiously ,and am now currently stranded embarrassingly awaiting a tow

ive gone through all fuses- they work

checked wiring under dash to alarm -looks fine  

im out of ideas 

its a "Lock Tight"  system

any ideas are most welcome 

thanks gents

You could try a reset of the ecu by disconnecting the battery negative lead. Leave it 15 min or press the brake pedal to use the remaining charge in the vehicle. Reconnect. You will lose radio so have your code ready.

Gents, I refer you to another thread bemoaning the scarcity of 3.2 / early 911's.  Never heard of this problem with them - does this explain their scarcity?

When I bought my car, starting was not 100% on it. Cavaco said it was the alarm, so I binned the old one and fitted a new one.

The alarm guy I used (who I've used for about 4 cars and 2 motorbikes) said most fitters don't understand Porsches well enough and stuff up the install. Car started perfect after I had the new alarm installed.

PM me if you like & I'll give you his contact details, nice guy and he comes out to your house.

Cheers.

• 2 months later...

When I bought my car, starting was not 100% on it. Cavaco said it was the alarm, so I binned the old one and fitted a new one.

The alarm guy I used (who I've used for about 4 cars and 2 motorbikes) said most fitters don't understand Porsches well enough and stuff up the install. Car started perfect after I had the new alarm installed.

PM me if you like & I'll give you his contact details, nice guy and he comes out to your house.

Cheers.

I would appreciate his contact details.

I think I should replace my older immobiliser/alarm as I only have one remote and if I loose it or it stops working, I am stuffed.

I need someone who worked on 911 of this vintage

Archived