Hi all,  first timer here, names John.

After a long time thinking about it, I've taken the plunge and bought an '82 911SC as a restoration project.

Lots to learn, and then do, as it needs quite abit of TLC..

Seems to be a wealth of knowlege on here. Looking forward to reading it.

Cheers,  John

Welcome John,

Don't be afraid to ask questions.... I don't know any of the answers, but I'm putting everyone else's knowledge up for grabs....

We love pics here.... so anytime you're ready.... :)

Thanks guys,

There will definitely be questions!  Have done some reading on here and elsewhere, also have books on order, so the education has started.

Uncle, was reading about your "slightly modified" 911,  that sounded like lots of fun.

I'm not looking to go that far, but it's a nice dream!

The obvious things on mine are an engine overhaul due to broken studs, and a paint job. and lots more..

Would really like to go efi once the engine is rebuilt, but thats down the track.

Thanks in advance, J

Thanks Steve.  It's not much to look at right now I'm afraid..  its straight, but whoever did the paint should be publicly flogged.

will post a pic soon tho, despite the paint.

I feel your pain about the paint. Mine also has some challenges in that area and will need a respray sometime in the future but if you are sitting in the car driving you won't be able to see it anyway so it doesn't matter! Just enjoy it and fix things over time.

Archived