Stainless heat exchangers

John82SC

Hi all, am looking into a set of these for my 82 SC resto.

Does anyone know what the difference is between 78-83 and 84-89 heat exchangers? 

ie, would a set for the '84 on models fit an 82 SC?

John

BTW, can anyone verify the claims made about performance increases with Dansk/SSI systems?

Someone selling the SSIs probably can. I think there are bigger gains with the muffler , but most are restrictive. Except the Monty  :)

See http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-911-technical-forum/343535-hp-difference-between-headers-ssi-3.html

Anecdotally my SSI/Monty setup improved the responsiveness,  and the car pulls much smoother and quicker up to the redline.

Hey John,

Just fitted SSIs and an M&K muffler to my 1980 SC. Whilst I haven't had it over a dyno, the mid and upper range of the car definitely feels much more responsive. For example, say second gear accelerating out of roundabout and once you hit 2,500-3,000 the car pulls much more strongly than the OEM heat exchanger/muffler.

Very happy with the outlay for this setup. Downsides? The M&K muffler is pretty loud..

Cheers Antony

That's my all time favourite setup.

Monty is Australian made to boot.

Ahh good old pelican...Didn't take long for that thread to go to the dogs

I was just reading another thread where a guy needed help fixing a misfire. 5 pages and still no outcome. Plenty of opinions though!

Thanks guys, I think there's a Monty in my future

Good man , support Aussie business! The Montyman's main business is bicycles. Needless to say he is a dab hand at welding and has decades of experience. 

SSI_Monty-2.jpg

Archived