Kendall NS-MS 80w 90 Gearbox Oil - 1 Qrt Bottles

Guys,

I bought a box of quart (947ml) bottles of gearbox oil last week and have some surplus oil for sale.

http://www.phillips66lubricants.com/brands-products/Single.aspx?pid=248&brand=Kendall+Motor+Oil

I thought I would give Kendall a go rather than use Swepco 201 after recommendations from Peter Zimmermann.

This is one of about a million post on 915 gearbox oil: http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-911-technical-forum/754629-whats-latest-915-gear-oil.html

You'll also possibly recognise this guy from his 915 rebuild wiki and his 911 buyers guide.

I reckon 10 bucks a bottle (plus postage) will get you as much as you want!

(915 refill capacity is just over 3 quarts BTW)

PM or call me on 04oh1 742 9one9 if interested.

Interesting to hear if it the Kendall is noticeably better/worse.

I bought some Swepco locally , but haven't got around to putting it in. G'box shifts absolutely fine now on Motul (past 20,000km).

If the Swepco is worse you'll all be the first to know ; I have a very sensitive ear for these things!

I frankly can't comment as I can't drive my car until the correct front strut inserts turn up next week!

Peter Zimmermann impressed me with his book so I am very comfortable with his recommendation. Also like the fact he doesn't appear to have any financial benefit in making this recommendation too.

Oh BTW, all my oil sold last night but can recommend Amazon if you want to buy a carton and on-sell the excess.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I frankly can't comment as I can't drive my car until the correct front strut inserts turn up next week!

Peter Zimmermann impressed me with his book so I am very comfortable with his recommendation. Also like the fact he doesn't appear to have any financial benefit in making this recommendation too.

Oh BTW, all my oil sold last night but can recommend Amazon if you want to buy a carton and on-sell the excess.

It's been a while now.....thoughts?

Archived