Anybody know about this '91 944S2 Cab?

There is a Blue '91 944 S2 Cab with 207,000 kms for sale in Caloundra (Sunshine Coast) for $16,995. Here is the link http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-944-1991/AGC-AD-14481843/?Cr=0&sdmvc=1. The log books have been 'Lost' and it has no reg or RWC but they are supposedly going to replace the cam belt and water pump prior to sale. From the pictures, it looks to be in good nick, but who knows?

Just wondering if anyone has seen this one around the traps as there can't be many of these about.

Cheers,

Laurie

Hey Laurie,

I do like the blue colour and on the surface appears to be in good condition.

In terms of log books they are preferable however if none exist I would ask to see any paperwork, invoices etc. of work completed on the car. Mine doesn't have the original log books but does have a huge amount of recent paperwork for work done on the car so I was comfortable with this. If they are going to replace the cam belt and water pump, which is very important in these cars, you would also want paperwork to verify this. All going well I would highly recommend getting a pre purchase inspection (PPI) on any car you are seriously looking at as this will save you allot of heartache & unexpected costs. It will also let you know what work needs to be done so you can schedule and save for it.

The convertible 944's aren't as popular as the coupe, hence the lower prices generally. 

I may be telling you stuff you already know but I hope that this helps. Let us know how you go if you end up looking at the car.

Steve

Cabs can suffer from scuttle shake (lack of roof rigidity) when pushed.

Apart from the front engine belts/water pump, you really want at same time the camshaft chain and guide replaced when no history (serious engine damage otherwise).

Coupe not cab for street parking.

Cheers.

I'm 90% sure that is a UK import.

I can see 2 signs.

Speedo is in MPH which means the odometer is in Miles. 

No 3rd brake light which is suppose to be on the boot lid. 

Another thing is the UK had different colour interior like blue and grey. We have more blacks and whites and the silver (like mine) 944s had burgundy interior. 

A UK import isn't bad really. Mine is a UK import. the body is galvanised so it wont actually rust unless its heavily damaged with deep scratches into the steel. 

There are no differences with the UK and AUS delivered cars with engines, chassis ect. They're all the same. 

Wow! Between you guys, you know everything. I'm sure glad I found the forum. I'm going to check out the car tomorrow or Sat so I'll let you know what I find out.

Thanks heaps for your advice as always.

Was/is Hong Kong mph?

Agree , TB/WP ; fuel line check mandatory - preserve what's there , then improve if you wish.

The clutch is a big job if it needs doing - 9.5 hours labour minimum

Can't tell if hong kong had the carphones too, but i know the UK did as mine had the same holder in the same position. 

i always thought some particular interior/exterior colour options give away being a Hong Kong import, i know it was definately a thing with Mercedes-Benz like Purple Interiors and Gold Exteriors

I was implying the logs disappearing might make it difficult to work out previous history/km's/anything else

Yes interior colours are a give away.

Aus delivered cars mostly have Porsche script on their interiors with colours like black, white, & burgundy. brown on the older ones.

UK delivered have more patterns, with more blues on the newer cars like the s2 and 968s.

I'm still certain it's a UK car. Looking at the numberplate holes at the front is usually a giveaway.  UK have 1 hole on each side of the plate spear apart. which this car looks to have. hard to see though. 

Archived