Nevco Trailer

Having lusted after a Nevco trailer for a couple of years, missing out on a used one in NSW which was sold by a prominent Porsche racer, and then looking at having a new one built by the very clever George and his Nevco team, I finally managed to nail a used one one here in WA. The irony is that it is the same one I missed out on eighteen months ago. It turns out that it was sold to a WA guy, who transported it across and licensed it here. Seems he never used it, lost the storage unit it was in, and decided to sell. Happy days for me, and so here it is on its maiden voyage home to the farm. It works well, isnt too wide which helps, and certainly attracts spectators every tine it stops. Most importantly for me, it will also be handy when needing to move the odd mower or mule on the farm. Having the ability to lay flat on the ground makes it so much safer when loading or unloading. With a carrying capacity of 2 tons it will cope with most things, and Ill bet George never imagined the oddball things we will put on it over time. I sold my very handy but old fashioned car trailer to my co-driver who's a panel beater, so thats found a good home. All round a good result.

86BD7F3B-5E30-44F5-B6DB-27F7E4753775_zps

7E7C8F27-40D7-44C9-9F32-020F62A7045C_zps

5E39AF7A-5E1A-438D-93F7-676B2E9516FD_zps

1805AA16-5F56-4592-8DC2-3CEA82A69890_zps

Apologies Gentlemen, I should have put something ugly onboard for the unveiling.

I spent time this morning giving the trailer a polish (theres a thing!) with good results, greased up the swing mechanisms, repaired a rubber boot that had split (thanks Sean for the Wurth superglue!), repaired the jockey wheel which had stopped working (thanks Sean. Again!), found the master control for the remote control, and gave several demonstration ups and downs for some friends.

This is a very clever piece of engineering indeed, and worthy of a 911. Cant wait to hook it up to the Cayenne and try it out behind that. If my old V10 Touaregs were any indication, it should tow beautifully. Mind you the Ranger does the job well enough.

Archived