Postage required from America ?!

Corki944

I am in need of assistance with postage from the good old USA.......

Am after someone in the USA whom would be able to receive and send a parcel for me from the USA to Aus.

Reason being i have found the perfect exhaust extension that i am after from a company in the USA but after countless emails and communication with them i cannot get then to ship it to me.

Yes, it is on flea bay and they will not offer/send via global shipping program either.

I am hoping i can find someone here on the forum who may have a contact/friend or family member that could receive and forward parcel to me please.

All expenses will be paid by myself.

Please advise if you can help as have no luck here with any muffler/exhaust people to obtain the same thing.

Thanks  :D

Thanks firstone, will check that out this a/noon & flick em an email. Will let you know how I get on.

Pauly, I will send you a link when I get home this a/noon and post pic here ok.

Thanks for replies.....

Thanks guys,

Here is a link to the item I am trying to get.

http://pages.ebay.com/motors/link/?nav=item.view&id=321445603507&globalID=EBAY-MOTOR&alt=web

Coaster, I have sent an email to company to see how quick they can get it to you and will let you know as soon as I here something. Thanks.

Well I'm back in Oz now.  If you found that the sellers get gun-shy once you start talking about different postal places and options, it's because a lot of sellers in the US get targeted with all types of scams.  Sadly many wouldn't be able to differentiate between Australia and Nigeria on a map and you can get lumped in with the 'scammer' variety if they haven't done any OS dealing.   

If you want to buy something off US ebay or similar and the seller doesn't advertise international shipping, best to get your ducks in a row and then just purchase with the intended shipping address, and don't disclose you're from out of the country.  If you don't have someone local to get it for you, the best option is one of the US shipping intermediary companies like myus.com - these just give you an address to have the item delivered, then re-ship it to you with an additional shipping charge.  If you get multiple packages to arrive on the same day, you can have them aggregated into a single shipping package.

Alternatively, it's only about $1500 to fly return to LA - and you can get it cheaper than that.   Fly with Virgin or Qantas and you get 2 bags/boxes @ 23kg each as part of your allowance.   If you take a couple of empty suitcases and don't buy too many heavy items but do get stuff on a steep discount to local prices you can make it pay :)

• 2 weeks later...

**Update**

It happens that Aust Post now provide a freight forwarding service for people who buy products from the USA  :D

You simply open an acct with Aust Post's 'ShopMate' service and you are given a unique user name and address in the USA to begin your purchasing.

https://shopmate.auspost.com.au/

Costs are reasonable obviously depending on weight of purchase.

International shipping rates are A$24.95 per parcel, plus A$5.95 per 500g. The minimum chargeable weight is 500g, with 500g increments thereafter.

may help with the odd purchase or two and is free to join up.

Will give it a go anyway..

Hope this info may help someone else as well.

Unfortunately Coastr i don't get to fly much  :lol:

I wanted a couple of items from USA manufacturers but they don't ship to oz.

I went to ebay and found a few companies that sold the same items and shipped to oz.

One company in particular listed both of my choices but their site calculator for freight made it too expensive. I emailed the company for a quote. They gave me a fixed quote valid for 5 days to take up the offer. It turned out to be $10 above the manufacturer price on one item and $140 on the other including freight. They don't stock the items, and it turns out that both manufacturing companies I dealt with shipped direct after the order was placed by the 3rd party USA company. In this case Vividracing.com

I'm not going to try to figure that one out.

I should add, I had to wait for both items to be made.

**Update**

It happens that Aust Post now provide a freight forwarding service for people who buy products from the USA  :D

You simply open an acct with Aust Post's 'ShopMate' service and you are given a unique user name and address in the USA to begin your purchasing.

International shipping rates are A$24.95 per parcel, plus A$5.95 per 500g. The minimum chargeable weight is 500g, with 500g increments thereafter.

Will give it a go anyway..

Hope this info may help someone else as well.

Unfortunately Coastr i don't get to fly much  :lol:

Wow I didn't know about this, thanks for sharing

Flying - well, it's not as glamorous as it sounds :|  - off again in a couple of weeks, and the weather isn't very nice at this time of year.

**Update**

:lol:

These Shopmate prices seem to be a bit high.

I just had a 6.35 kg parcel sent from the US and the shipping was about USD $70. (The Shopmate price would be over $A100.)

This was quick UPS with tracking sent via PriceUSA who I have used for many car parts from US without complaint. However the discount offered by Shopmate may reduce the cost to what other Shippers charge.

I would be very interested to hear about your experience with Shopmate. If you do go ahead, please post a follow up on how it all went

Archived