993 child restraint anchor points

dragon02

Hi, finally collected my ''new'' 94 993 and am pretty chuffed....as are the kids (3yo and 5yo) who are pestering to go for a drive in it. Can anyone advise where the child restraint fixing points are located in the coupe?

Hi, finally collected my ''new'' 94 993 and am pretty chuffed....as are the kids (3yo and 5yo) who are pestering to go for a drive in it. Can anyone advise where the child restraint fixing points are located in the coupe?

Dragon 02

the rectangular black plastic covers above the middle of the back seats pull out and the hooks are in there.

clipping in is akward but works fine

cheers

Thx for all the advice.  Would you believe my restraint points were located beneath the vinyl/leather parcel shelf so access would require a deft hand and a sharp blade (no black plastic covers in this instance)!  But as luck would  have it, the local baby store advised that from 4 years of age (in Tassie at least), only a booster seat is required so I think that may be the likely option.  Which means Miss 3yo will have to wait another 8 months for her joyride ;-)

Thx for all the advice.  Would you believe my restraint points were located beneath the vinyl/leather parcel shelf so access would require a deft hand and a sharp blade (no black plastic covers in this instance)!  But as luck would  have it, the local baby store advised that from 4 years of age (in Tassie at least), only a booster seat is required so I think that may be the likely option.  Which means Miss 3yo will have to wait another 8 months for her joyride ;-)

Really.....can you send a pic ?    (you can email it to ByronBayChris AT gmail.com if you wish).   I would like to see what you are facing ?    

Same las in VIC at least.  4yo in a booster seat, which, by the way, is hard to fit into the back if using the newer style full height booster seat.   I managed to get a seat only (the old style), but it has a risk of submarining if I stop suddenly.

Archived