Wanted: Child Seat to suit rear of 964

asgraham

G'day guys,

I am wondering if any of you have (or could recommend) a child seat to suit the rear of my 964. As you can see from my avatar, it's a convertible so I'm not sure if that will be make much of a difference. The seat is for a 4yr boy who gets most upset when he can't come with me on drives.

Open to suggestions

Adrian

T, that's for a child under 4 I think?

Overall I struggle with an over 4 seat in the back of the 993

A.booster just fits, so I use that, or the old fashioned and outlawed booster seat base only.

you are right this one is for 0-4. Surely a booster and a seatbelt is fine for over 4?

Infasecure

Fits In snugly

With a booster base you will ideally still need to run a harness - they can be fitted. I have seen metAl brackets fixed to belt anchor points to securely hold the base

Legally I think a 7 yr old should still be in a booster.

image_9.jpg

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Yes, the rear seats are extremely narrow. Have tried many different booster bases, but just cannot find one that fits.

I will keep looking, but please if you hear of anything, post it up...I will be sure to update my progress as well...

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Yes, the rear seats are extremely narrow. Have tried many different booster bases, but just cannot find one that fits.

I will keep looking, but please if you hear of anything, post it up...I will be sure to update my progress as well...

Graham, I've got the seat base version in my 76, they're not allowed to be sold new, but you can still get them without much hassle. Because it's not a full adult seat back there the base puts my four-year-old exactly where she needs to be in terms of getting the belts across the right parts of her body. The full booster seats incorporate head protection which regular cars don't have, but ours do, so I'm quite comfortable on that front.

My son is six and he fits in the regular rear seat (for belt position) perfectly.

I'll take a pic of what I have over the next couple of days and post.

Archived