944 Ignition Switch

TINGY

I've had a couple of issues of late with my ignition switch and today it was making my car miss and stop.

So today i decided i would search for the part, no problem found on ebay, then start pulling the switch out and pull the parts off, well it's a bit harder than i thought.

Big stupid hands and fingers when i need little skinny contortionist baby hands.

IMAG0973.jpg

Because i can't get this off, anyone taken one of these off an oval dash 944, it's the switch at the end of the ignition barrel that i need to remove.

IMAG0967.jpg

So far it's been a riot.

IMAG0971.jpg

Is it the same part as a 964 switch?

I have one here brand new that I didn't use in the end. I can find the part number if you're interested.

Coaster do you mean the switch that screws on to the back of the ignition barrel?

Part no. 928-613-017-01 but now it has been superseded by another part no. that i cant remember and didn't write down.

It could fit most i think after '86.

IMAG0967.jpg

BTW i have only just seen this post and i may still need one of these because i have just ordered a new key cylinder of the caramello bear man and hoping this will fix problem as it was very loose, if this fails i will look you up.  

• 3 weeks later...

Is it the same part as a 964 switch?

I have one here brand new that I didn't use in the end. I can find the part number if you're interested.

Coastr i sent you a PM can you please reply. Inbox full?

Archived