Polyurethane or Rubber - Whats best.....

Corki944

Would just like to ask for your opinions please..... :wacko:

Am replacing sway bar bracket and was just going to replace all the rubbers as well when i thought whether it would be worth replacing with the oem rubber or should i go with the polyurethane type as offered by superpro, nolathane and the like......

Any advice would be greatly appreciated... ;)

In my experience with previous cars, PU sharpens up handling and turn in but offers less compliance meaning a tighter ride. Stands to reason given the PU is much harder, stiffer with less flex. Depends what you intend doing with the car.

I had same thoughts and decided on rubber. PU often squeaks like crazy if not lubed propery(and I would be pissed off if I had to keep pulling them off to lubricate them) and I think the cars can handle great with good rubber, so only a little upside and a potentially annoying downside if that happens. I could also never run race pads as the constant squealing would annoy me more than any gain in performance. It's a tough call with no right or wrong but for me going rubber made more sense

Thanks for all the advice guys  :D

Have decided, and ordered today, all OEM bushes and will set out to replace, paint and tidy up everything when they arrive tomorrow.

Thanks again to James at Autohaus as everything was in stock including Carramello Koala.  :rolleyes:

Appreciate your input......

Archived