Damaged booster??

I would want to replace all rubber in that front compartment , and especially anything rubber that goes to anything called "brakes".

I haven't pulled an old 911 booster apart ; not sure how serviceable they are. 

Thou who tinkers with the brake booster shall inherit the knowledge of mordor!!

Hasn't your SC has already fallen into Mt Doom? 

You'll have to solve the riddle alone unless someone else helps your quest!

Hell,

Since the car has sat for 15 years since the fire and the car is now 33 years old I suggest you buy a new brake booster and a rebuild kit for the master cylinder at the very least. If you can get a complete replacement master cylinder at a good price jump on that as it may be a quicker and likely less frustrating route too.

However realistically you will need to rebuild each brake caliper and replace each flexible line to the calipers as well.

All this will cost you a bit more and take longer to do then what you expected but I think it is a prudent investment.

Good luck with it!

Hopefully you'll find Barbara Sheldon in your old booster to help you on your way. Unfortunately mine have only ever had empty space, a large spring and a diaphragm!

I'd spend the money on having all new brakes as this is your safety net. No use going forward if you can't stop.

Lots of brake rebuilders around. Brakes are my biggest expense when putting a dorment car back on the road.

Oh I love your blog, its a great read and gets the restorer juices going.

Cheers Theo Z................

PS. My HK Monaro brakes cost me $1100 a corner to have rebuilt, but when your dropping 5 zeros on body work and paint its cheap.

Archived