old wheels mags - mining for gold

Speaking of WHEELS magazines, a little self indulgent shot of yours truly catching up on the latest edition in 1971 in Vung Tau.

It was a tough war....as you can see...

img038-2.jpg

Speaking of WHEELS magazines, a little self indulgent shot of yours truly catching up on the latest edition in 1971 in Vung Tau.

img038-2.jpg

Was that a well positioned sandbag to stop them from tunnelling underneath you? (Was going to say tunnel behind you, but sounded wrong)

img038-2.jpg

….but that blokes got hair and eyebrows  :o

You knew somebody had to…..

img038-2.jpg

Niko - thanks for your service. Did you ever think back then that you would be driving a Porsche? What Corps?

Cheers

Dave

Niko - thanks for your service. Did you ever think back then that you would be driving a Porsche? What Corps?

Cheers

Dave

Thanks Dave, I appreciate that.     long time ago now, but I was a baggy arse Sig, with 2 Sig Regt (Field Force Unit) Watsonia for two years and then a year over there with 110 Sig (also known as Gig) Squadron.   3 year Reg.

img070-3.jpg

While all the other blokes had pictures of Racquel Welch etc up in their hootches, I had this.....So the writing was on the wall.

Just took a long time. 

Archived