Engine Dimensions - Swap

V2Cayman

Hi,

I've been looking everywhere for sizes (dimensions) of the Engines. Looking for the height of the 4.5L Cayenne engine for swap into Cayman. The LS series can fit with minor work, but these may be taller.

Thanks.

Ewen

Yes did a measure today, way too tall.. Was tempted to investigate due to the low prices of long engines.. 

other than the indignity of having a chevrolet badge on it, the LS engines really are a small lightweight powerful package.

I agree --- Its just a cringe factor of having a Chev motor in a Porsche and the modifcations to firewall required are, well, permanent.

The V8 grumble from an LS just doesn't seem right on a Porsche either - crossplane crank to blame.

Which brings me onto a little gem of an engine - seemingly. The AJPV8 .. Flat plane v8, 75 degree configuration SOHC. It's very light weight and the package will fit into a 22" cube and weighs around 121kg (about 80kg less than the LS1).

More research underway.

You're not really going to put a TVR engine into a Cayman are you? think of the reliablity (Maybe a K series Rover is more your thing?)

Doesn't the engine need to be the same age or newer than the car for registration?

LS motor, 2JZ (assuming it's a 2005) or VK45

or perhaps some variety of flat motor (unless you're keeping away from those for cost reasons)

I agree --- Its just a cringe factor of having a Chev motor in a Porsche and the modifcations to firewall required are, well, permanent.

The V8 grumble from an LS just doesn't seem right on a Porsche either - crossplane crank to blame.

Which brings me onto a little gem of an engine - seemingly. The AJPV8 .. Flat plane v8, 75 degree configuration SOHC. It's very light weight and the package will fit into a 22" cube and weighs around 121kg (about 80kg less than the LS1).

More research underway.

even TVR guys are scared of those.it would be cheaper to source a gt3 motor,

This is an interesting concept. I dont imagine any V8 would fit under the standard engine cover, but if you bring it up into the cabin and fabricate a new engine cover it could possibly work.

I am assuming you have a car with a dead engine. The simpler route would be sourcing something like a 996 turbo engine (if you are looking for more power) depending on your budget.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived