Couple of us are driving down from Brisbane to attend the "Byron Bay Cars and Coffee" on Sunday July 12.

webpageheader_zpsrkoz9t6q.jpg

We thought that we would include a SMT for the drive back to Brisbane rather than just drive back up the highway-in other word to quote Supertramp "Take the Long Way Home".

Byron Bay Chris has suggested a drive that I think will be fun. see below:

screenshot2015-06-09at9.10.02pm_zpslrglp

Here is the Google Map link to download to your phone.

I will probably not include Mt Tambourine  as it is a bit slow on a Sunday afternoon. I would also like suggestions for somewhere to stop for a bite of lunch on the way back so if anyone has any ideas please put it out there.

So the basic plan is (subject to any changes) have breakfast at C&C and leave Byron Bay at around 10.30am (after Cars and Coffee) and then via Bangalow, head back in the direction of Brisbane, maybe? stop for lunch, and get into Brisbane early afternoon. Both Einsteiny and I will have our partners with us so significant other companions are encouraged to attend.

Is it ok if the family tags along in the bimmer if they stay a respectful distance behind? What time are you thinking of departing? Please don't say 5am. 

the morning starts from 8.30, and the drive straight down the M1 should take around 90-110 minutes. Leaving at 630 should work.

However.However, I'm not driving down, so don't ask me!  :)

60572746.jpg

Sorry FlatSix-you must be over half way into your penance. You cannot organise a substitute driver? 

With regard to the SMT and driving back from Byron to Brisbane I think Byron Bay Chris's route combines some fun roads, does not take us to far out of the way and is not too long. It will be a bit bumpy in places but driven at "normal/sensible speeds" the road is fine.

Couple of us have booked a B&B in Byron for Saturday night so we will drive down early Saturday afternoon.

Is it ok if the family tags along in the bimmer if they stay a respectful distance behind? What time are you thinking of departing? Please don't say 5am. 

For anyone that wants to join us on the drive home (e.g. in a Bimmer) and come tor lunch I would be very surprised if you were more than 10-15 minutes behind us. We do not exceed the speed limit, we just try to keep our average speed up.

I have been looking at a suitable place to stop for lunch. For those that are interested and I came across this:

http://www.viewcafe.com.au/gallery.html

It is peached on the edge of the Hinze Dam at , 100-200 ADVANCETOWN ROAD, ADVANCETOWN, 4211 QLD Monday to Friday from 9am to 4pm Saturday & Sunday from 8am to 5pm Tel 07 5563 0313

The menu is available on the website. This is entirely a personal option. In my case because I will have my partner in the car it will not be a personal option "You want me to come to a car show-what's in for me?" For those not interested in lunch it is a short drive to Nerang and the Pacific Hwy to Brisbane.

Archived