Fuchs wheel refinishing

galah66

In my investigations the Wurth Satin came recommended but found it difficult to obtain so went with a Septone Satin when I refinished my two rears. Unfortunately it's a bit too matt from the original fronts so I'll have to re-do.

The biggest pain was 'cutting in' the edges. I couldn't find a method that gave a perfect finish.

The painting method in that photo Russ is unreal! Wouldn't have been possible on the earthquake ravaged Sunshine Coast...

9k=3179_melbourne%20quake%202012_2006121001

Galah - are you going for black centres or petals as above? Just taping the edges  or using some other elaborate method?

Yes black centres as it was delivered. Will tape edges so nothing too elaborate - just have to figure out the best tape to use. Have experimented with a few so far!

You can order the Wurth paint directly from them or most good bodyshops will either have or can get it. http://www.wurth.com.au/en/wurth_au/index_3.php

If you are going taking the old paint back to metal get the Wurth primer too.

Normal masking tape will give you a ragged edge when you peel it off, so get some "Fine Line" tape most 3M stockist,bodyshop suppliers even bunnings?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/like/321751780291?limghlpsr=true&hlpht=true&ul_noapp=true&hlpv=2&chn=ps&lpid=107&ops=true&viphx=1

HTH

Can anyone recommend a satin black paint to use for painting the original wheels? Trying to get as close as possible to factory look. 

It doesn't have to be matt black y'know.  My car came factory delivered with the wheels matching the body colour - guards red.  Easier to match.  Looks good - in my opinion.

For the record, 1984 Carrera - one owner since new.

I rang wurth direct asked for sales department 03 8788 1256 ,  placed an order and they courierd them out. Wurth Satin Black.. Did all my black trims and looks very original most importantly applies and wears well. 

911oclock how did you get the edges so sharp? Surely not with just tape? 

Our resident paint expert (Caledonian) suggested the 'fine line' tape when we were talking wheel refinishing some time ago.

Supercheap has it.

Archived