Clarkson, Hammond and May sign with Amazon for new series

Coastr

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/celebritynews/amazon-sign-top-gears-jeremy-clarkson-richard-hammond-and-james-may-for-new-show-10426102.html

Top Gear trio Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May have signed to present a new car show on the Amazon Prime streaming service in one of the biggest coups in TV history.

The programme will air for the first time next year and be produced by former Top Gear executive Andy Wilman, an old school friend of Clarkson’s who is credited with revamping the format and turning it into the world’s most successful factual TV show.

The deal ends months of speculation about the future of the most bankable star on British TV following Clarkson’s spectacular departure from the BBC after 27 years.

Awesome news, but I hope I don't have to sign up to amazon prime to watch it.  Hopefully available on iTunes as well.

Lack of stig doesn't bother me, and the trademarks/whatever for the Stig probably belong to Top Gear.  As a a joke and concept it was pretty shopworn anyway.

I doubt the new series will be a copy of the old one, and anyway the old one was getting a bit tired in some respects.

Yes, Evans is confirmed I think, but they don't have any co-hosts.

its going to suck because all the creative talent has left, and I bet a chunk of them follow the rest to the new show.  It will be lucky to be as good as fifth gear.

All I can hope is that Chris Evans does some jeremy-style non-PC talk and gets the pearls clutched again.  The whole thing will be a farce and serve the metrosexual fretters writing the cheques right when it bombs and they realises they killed the golden goose.

Yes, Evans is confirmed I think, but they don't have any co-hosts.

its going to suck because all the creative talent has left, and I bet a chunk of them follow the rest to the new show.  It will be lucky to be as good as fifth gear.

All I can hope is that Chris Evans does some jeremy-style non-PC talk and gets the pearls clutched again.  The whole thing will be a farce and serve the metrosexual fretters writing the cheques right when it bombs and they realises they killed the golden goose.

I suspect it will end up like the Aus and US versions of Top Gear, same formula but without the three key players doesn't quite work.

i hope we have access to the new Clarkson, Hammond and May version here, without having to resort to Geo Hacking tricks.

Archived