Backdate - out of date???

turboT

Sorry hit submit

my car is under 86 to 70s backdate - hopefully will have more photos in the next week or so - will look something between singer Nebraska and the Dutchman Maurice van den tillard's old 71 hotrod

cant remember how to attach image

Not sure on those TVR'esque inlets Turbo...

Longhoods in my opinion, will always be desirable because they're the coolest Porsche as perceived by people who haven't always been interested in Porsche's. They bridge the divide. 

Many people still think our cars are for wankers with the exception of air-cooled, (predominately longhood) which mostly overcome the perception. To me they're understated, timeless performance cars and until that type of vehicle is no longer in demand, they should do well. 

On my way home today, I had a guy in a HSV ute come and tell me how cool it was (at the petrol pumps).  Also had a kid hanging out the window of a minivan taking photos with an iPad.  Seems even humble over bumper'd SCs are no longer driven by wankers.

Not sure about that render...the panel gaps are all wrong! :D

Have you got other elevations?  I want to see what you did with the rockers.

On my way home today, I had a guy in a HSV ute come and tell me how cool it was (at the petrol pumps).  Also had a kid hanging out the window of a minivan taking photos with an iPad.  Seems even humble over bumper'd SCs are no longer driven by wankers.

I was at my small local shopping centre one day and I could see a little kid and his dad walking to their car but looking and pointing at the SC .....

Without hesitation, i motioned him over to come and have a look and a sit in the drivers seat while his dad took a few photos of the biggest smile in history.

it's the little things we do that don't affect us but make a huge difference to someone else ... I'm sure he'll remember that moment for years to come and who knows, maybe one day he'll tell his story on PFA about that stranger who let him sit in the drivers seat when he was 10 .....

Not sure about that render...the panel gaps are all wrong! :D

Have you got other elevations?  I want to see what you did with the rockers.

dodgey personal render. Basically just mashed together 4 generations of 911 3d models I found online and none of the panels really fitted and my 3d skills weren't advanced enough to fix. Biggest issue will be finding a solution to blending Rsr front and rear quarter panels with the early long body face and rear. I need singers clay and carbon fibre skills...

I was at my small local shopping centre one day and I could see a little kid and his dad walking to their car but looking and pointing at the SC .....

Without hesitation, i motioned him over to come and have a look and a sit in the drivers seat while his dad took a few photos of the biggest smile in history.

it's the little things we do that don't affect us but make a huge difference to someone else ... I'm sure he'll remember that moment for years to come and who knows, maybe one day he'll tell his story on PFA about that stranger who let him sit in the drivers seat when he was 10 .....

I did this same thing a while back.  Kid tugging at his dad's side and pointing at the car.  When the kid sat in the driver's seat his smile was huge.  nice to think you made someone's day.

TurboT, be patient grasshopper.  It took me 4 years to get my first hotrod on the road.  Luckily you have another car to get your fix from.

I did this same thing a while back.  Kid tugging at his dad's side and pointing at the car.  When the kid sat in the driver's seat his smile was huge.  nice to think you made someone's day.

TurboT, be patient grasshopper.  It took me 4 years to get my first hotrod on the road.  Luckily you have another car to get your fix from.

It must be an SC thing .....B)

jeeezz you SC drivers get all the attention. Slightly worrying how easy you can pick up small children though..  :)

One day you might just be able to do a straight swap with your 930 for one of these fine machines .....

Archived