Backdate - out of date???

turboT

been banging on about getting my 964 backdated (singer style) since I got it. Work/life got in the way. Autohaus seem to have lost interest ( making way more cash servicing cars than building them) and ZAG have a 2 year waiting list. Buy the time I get around to this the world will have moved on and the cool cats will be putting electric motors in modified boxters. Maybe I should just respray my 930 'Steve McQueen grey' and be done with it..

TurboT,

You have two (sorry three) fantastic cars in the 930t and the 964 and IMO i would keep them the way they are and make subtle but nice individual changes.

In particular your 964 is amazing as it is and just needs some individual touches. :wub:

Thats just my opinion.

TurboT,

You have two (sorry three) fantastic cars in the 930t and the 964 and IMO i would keep them the way they are and make subtle but nice individual changes.

In particular your 964 is amazing as it is and just needs some individual touches. :wub:

Thats just my opinion.

you are right of course, but the idea of creating a one of one has a lot of appeal...

one day

Or share in my dream of a covin hotrod build....

though there are plenty of other shops who'll be more than happy to take your folding...worth looking further afield, if you can deal with a more remote build experience 

you are right of course, but the idea of creating a one of one has a lot of appeal...

one day

I agree with the one off appeal for sure, but that can be done with subtle changes also.

I like your idea but the 964 in particular, IMO, is to nice to change dramatically.....

Resurrect or 'save' a junker and start from scratch. You will feel much better afterwards and still have your hotrod or backdate but also have a wonderful 964.:D  

Cancel all your plans for the last week of September, fly to US and meet me at Rennsport reunion.... I guarantee you will leave that event with "different" ideas! 

It's why I haven't acted on any big car commitments new or old... there is bound to be something awe inspiring that will send me (and you) one way or another.  

Not sure on those TVR'esque inlets Turbo...

Longhoods in my opinion, will always be desirable because they're the coolest Porsche as perceived by people who haven't always been interested in Porsche's. They bridge the divide. 

Many people still think our cars are for wankers with the exception of air-cooled, (predominately longhood) which mostly overcome the perception. To me they're understated, timeless performance cars and until that type of vehicle is no longer in demand, they should do well. 

You are asking the group what you should do with your car, you will get many opinions. Do what makes you happy :)

But if you do want another opinion, don't back date it, I don't see the allure of it as I prefer the 964 styling over the longhoods :) and has been seen lately 964 prices are climbing!

Not sure on those TVR'esque inlets Turbo...

Longhoods in my opinion, will always be desirable because they're the coolest Porsche as perceived by people who haven't always been interested in Porsche's. They bridge the divide. 

Many people still think our cars are for wankers with the exception of air-cooled, (predominately longhood) which mostly overcome the perception. To me they're understated, timeless performance cars and until that type of vehicle is no longer in demand, they should do well. 

TVR inlets.. funny

JV911 nailed it. 74 RSR inlets/outlets Dusty ;)

1974-Porsche-RSR-Turbo-Carrera-Left-Rear

You are asking the group what you should do with your car, you will get many opinions. Do what makes you happy :)

But if you do want another opinion, don't back date it, I don't see the allure of it as I prefer the 964 styling over the longhoods :) and has been seen lately 964 prices are climbing!

would never ask that question - would never get agreement on looks ;), but whats underneath, that is probably a question work posing sometime. 

Archived