6 point harness mounts

hugh

Hey, 

To those that have 6 point harness installed I'm curious to see how they have been mounted/installed, in particular the crotch strap (seat mounted harness bar, floor mounted etc. etc.)

I'm looking to upgrade my current 4 point to a 6 point in my 77 3.0L so I'm keen to understand the options out there if anyone has information that maybe of help.

Thanks in advance!

Hugh. 

It's a slider so would move with the seat (problem of adjustment with floor fixed unless fixed seat) ! 

I'm currently running a fixed seat (drivers only) to keep the seat height at a minimum, being a sunroof coupe with a full cage the height clearances with a helmet on are tight. As a result room under the seat mounting is tight so the floor seems like an option, just wasn't sure if that was a no no. 

And saves drilling holes in the floor and a potential resale issue?

Not so concerned about resale, just the better option in terms of safety.  

Most of the shoulder/waist harness would restrain forward movement the floor strap would be to stop movement under the waist strap, so not as critical .

The floor strap also helps to hold the waist belt low down on your hips when you are tightening the shoulder straps.  With out it, it's difficult to get the belts really snug.  I have Recaro touring seats which have a spring base so I cannot fit the floor strap. This leaves me with a four point set-up.  Not ideal but infinitely better than 3 point belts.  Fixed buckets with a centre slot is definitely the way to do it.

Good info on setting up harnesses in this link

Archived