Factory toolkit contents

ruby82sc

Hi Greg, here's my tool kit.  US delivered 1980 SC. I don't imagine there's much different to the ROW kit.  It's missing the screwdrivers and a couple of the spanners but otherwise complete.  (this car didn't come with a tow hook)

ROW parts catalogue with toolkit contents

USA/Canada parts catalogue with toolkit contents

79AA38FC-8786-4FBA-9C89-2D3470D2BD8E.jpg

B59B002F-5978-4CC2-98EF-F0EE5EB9B9AD.jpg

close up of different weaves in the vinyl 

D18AC247-DE4C-4600-8847-9883575ABD3A.jpg

Harv,

Thanks for the info, I agree there shouldn't be much of a difference with kits depending on the market but when you read some overseas sites they talk about specific tool brands going to different markets as well as various "models" of tools depending on the year. There are also numerous bag styles, some plain, some with a stamp print in them, it could be just from different bag suppliers or model and market. Hopefully there is still some unmolested kits here to check with.

Greg

Harv,

I have a good kit for my car and in the process of completing it I ended up with some extras that the bride says should go.

I am just trying to make sure I keep mine model and market correct. There is no luck involved in toolkits anymore it's all about how much money you are prepared to spend.

Greg

can buy new ones from the Porsche dealer for about $800, not sure if they're 'market correct' tools though

btw does anyone else have a BF goodrich spare and a Webster canadian compressor in their car? I've got them and it's weird to have american stuff but i guess it just goes with the 'use whatever we have on the shelf' theory

Does anyone have an Aus delivered factory tool kit for 74-77, SC and 3.2 that they know 100% is correct in contents and fabric style?

Greg

Hi Greg,

Not sure if you wanted one, or wanted to see one.  Anyway, this is a factory correct tool kit as supplied for an Australian 1987 3.2.  You can check what is correct by looking at the parts book too.  This is a one owner car, spare never been on the car.  (Note the spare belt external to the toolkit, but not the one in the toolkit and the DME loop at the top of the toolkit are additions)

There are some items not shown, such as the jack, spare wheel/tyre and compressor.  Let me know if you'd like to see these as well.

L1220827_zps1c3c0ebe.jpg

This image shows two plastic bags, one is designed to protect your interior when you discover a standard wheel won't fit in the space left by the spare!  The other is a set of plastic gloves.  These are usually stored under the jack, or at least that's where they were when the car was delivered.

L1220828_zpsb78836cb.jpg

Carl,

Thanks for the great info, I don't need a kit or should I say another one. In the process of completing a kit for my SC I ended up with extra tools and was just wondering what was in one to have it complete to sell. I note that you have the emergency sunroof tool (can I take it your car has a sunroof or were they just included in all kits)? but you don't have the crank handle and bit for the electric seats, I assume your car has electric seats?

I have the green dot jack, spare wheel and compressor as well so I won't need photos but thanks for the kind offer.

Was your car supplied with fuses and do the 19 and 22 mm lug wrenches have KLIEN on the shaft.

Greg

Carl,

Thanks for the great info, I don't need a kit or should I say another one. In the process of completing a kit for my SC I ended up with extra tools and was just wondering what was in one to have it complete to sell. I note that you have the emergency sunroof tool (can I take it your car has a sunroof or were they just included in all kits)? but you don't have the crank handle and bit for the electric seats, I assume your car has electric seats?

I have the green dot jack, spare wheel and compressor as well so I won't need photos but thanks for the kind offer.

Was your car supplied with fuses and do the 19 and 22 mm lug wrenches have KLIEN on the shaft.

Greg

Greg, no worries.  The 1987 coupe does have a sunroof and electric drivers seat, and the crank handle for that is the smaller of the two Allan keys in the toolkit as shown.  The larger one is for the battery clamp.  I am not sure when the one piece key for the seats was introduced, but in the owners manual for the 1987 model year, it shows this one piece unit for the seats.

I'll have to get back to you on the fuses and the lug wrench, the car is stored remotely from me at present so when I get a chance I'll have a look (Hopefully this weekend).  I have to admit, when I opened the tool kit, the vinyl creaked and groaned as I unfolded it, I didn't think its seen the light of day for a very long time!

Carl,

You should find a rubber boot on the end of the small allan key which is for the battery clamp (I'm sure I can see the rubber bulge in the bag) , they may well have decided to have it perform the extra function of operating the seat at some point though. The larger allan key should be 10 mm and used with the spark plug tool and should have something like 911 DIN 10 MM on it?

Hi Greg,

Not sure if you wanted one, or wanted to see one.  Anyway, this is a factory correct tool kit as supplied for an Australian 1987 3.2.  You can check what is correct by looking at the parts book too.  This is a one owner car, spare never been on the car.  (Note the spare belt external to the toolkit, but not the one in the toolkit and the DME loop at the top of the toolkit are additions)

There are some items not shown, such as the jack, spare wheel/tyre and compressor.  Let me know if you'd like to see these as well.

L1220827_zps1c3c0ebe.jpg

This image shows two plastic bags, one is designed to protect your interior when you discover a standard wheel won't fit in the space left by the spare!  The other is a set of plastic gloves.  These are usually stored under the jack, or at least that's where they were when the car was delivered.

I can't believe I'm admitting this, I've got tool envy.   My kit's looking a bit more lived in.

I think I may need to start attending meetings with like minded people........  to be finally able to stand up in front of others and proudly say "my name is Greg and I'm a toolaholic" LOL :)

This forum is your first meeting.  You're among the similarly afflicted.

Thanks Simon,

Was it an Aus delivered car with that bag? I have been told that the grey basket weave started in 75 and finished in 77 but that is US info........it may have never been used in an Aus car and the bag I have was brought in by someone???????? Hopefully there is someone on the forum that is able to confirm it being used here.

Carl,

You should find a rubber boot on the end of the small allan key which is for the battery clamp (I'm sure I can see the rubber bulge in the bag) , they may well have decided to have it perform the extra function of operating the seat at some point though. The larger allan key should be 10 mm and used with the spark plug tool and should have something like 911 DIN 10 MM on it?

Greg yes, you are correct, thanks, the rubber thingy was as you describe.  Same with the plug tool.  I took some pics today, as per below.  BTW, I've always wondered what the stapled red tag means....any idea?  I've seen it on many Australian specification cars, but cannot say I've seen it on an imported version.

Re: your first message:

1. No fuses enclosed (Should there be??).  Can't see a reference to them in the manual.

2. 19, 22 and plug tool are all KLEIN.  OE spanners are no name, however the castings (Forgings?) have a distinct HAZET look about them.L1270730_zpsbt5bji1r.jpgL1270734_zpszvas8v5f.jpgL1270732_zpspd3gpgbj.jpgL1270731_zps96dyslnn.jpg

Hey Carl,

I have read NUMEROUS USA posts about the coloured tag and at the end of the day I am confident enough to say that based on all the info I have read is that "I have no idea".

Some say it should match the colour of the car, others say the year of manufacture or the market it went to?????? it could just come down to who put it together on commission and who got paid what??????????

I believe fuses were supplied by the dealership in the US and maybe not here???????

Klien on the lug wrenches confirmed what I thought as well as the selected special steel tools, BUT the red screw driver handle has me intrigued :)  what are the markings on it??????

Thanks for taking the time to look for me......

Regards

Greg

Sorry Carl I also meant to ask, the alternator lug wrench I would have thought should be 24 and not 22??????

Thanks Simon,

Was it an Aus delivered car with that bag? I have been told that the grey basket weave started in 75 and finished in 77 but that is US info........it may have never been used in an Aus car and the bag I have was brought in by someone???????? Hopefully there is someone on the forum that is able to confirm it being used here.

Yes, Aussie delivered, because so much of the info out there, especially online, is US info it can be really hard to find the correct spec on some items. 

Thanks Simon, the lack of info on Aus tool kits on line was what prompted me to ask the question.

I should also get my eyes rechecked or stop drinking Heineken because the alt lug wrench in Carl's kit is clearly 24....

Thanks Simon, the lack of info on Aus tool kits on line was what prompted me to ask the question.

I should also get my eyes rechecked or stop drinking Heineken because the alt lug wrench in Carl's kit is clearly 24....

LOL … just change to Grolsch, that worked for me! Mine's missing, along with the plug wrench and a couple of other bits and bobs.

Pics of the mess … (pics edited out -- my server's not playing nicely with others)

Archived