Early sport Seats 74-81

michel

To me "Early" sports seats can be defined by the relese knob half way up the back rest. It should be round in shape. Round like a stereo volume knob. All these seats seem to have the triangular upsidedown hook shape. Tombstones seats aren't just Tombstone seats.

Luke there is some variation in the detail  - though the key visual diff between the early and the later sport seats seen in the 80's, is the bolster shape.

as for price - wildly fluctuating. saw someone pimping them for 10k . Ultimately there are excellent repro seats available for most Porsche  recaro aficionados. And thus it seems is happening particularly in long hood land as prices went from sublime to radikulous

I am happy with an absolute shit seat 

Seen those and spoken to the seller 1200 for rusted likely compromised frames.?... I offered to send him at my cost  half of a pair of jousting sticks to mount in his manly man cave. 

Paid $2k for mine last week. Included installation. Look at the road and race link I posted above. Pretty hard to get hold of these guys but they seem to have a lot of early stuff

MS RR are often deeply unrealistic or opportunistic on pricing. Though have often what you 'need'. 

I've been looking at the US and keep missing them including the above pair. 

MS RR are often deeply unrealistic or opportunistic on pricing. Though have often what you 'need'. 

I've been looking at the US and keep missing them including the above pair. 

this is where I picked up the rear wiper and wheels. Not cheap but they had the parts. Actually thought $3k for a set of original wheels of the right period was actually a good deal.

Saw these for sale yesterday @ $2700 out of the US it would cost you more than that to recover a tired pair here.

These are how the early seats should look for reference.

thumb_IMG_9729_10241464136512_zps1pvwkd7

where did you see these 9er? Do you have the link? 

If those wheels are minty fresh good buying 

minty

ADCEFCAD-E2F4-4CD8-8264-280F2E15E493_zps

They're long sold Tom - you need to religiously scan pelican and to a lesser 911s 

So this topic does not devolve and be one a 6 page epic 

I'm still looking for a seat or seats - shirt to poor ok

• 2 weeks later...

Archived