GPS Car Tracking recommendations...

Kerry

Hey.

When I first insured my car I was told by Shannons that I needed to provide a third party GPS tracking system in addition to the standard car security measures including secure garage etc etc.

Recently I've discovered that the company that I've been paying hundreds of dollars a year to, have become "extremely difficult" to contact, and when I had the battery out recently, not even a call to check with me by them occurred... part of that which their services were promised.

I won't go any further with that rant (Quiktrak for anyone interested), however further to a conversation with Shannon's this morning, their policy has changed and they are now happy with a personal GPS to phone type tracking system, something that I might find at Jaycar for example...

Time to mine the PFA knowledge-base...

What are member's experiences with the various personal GPS tracking systems, and what are any recommendations? I realise that a degree of "hiding" will be required (from the villains) as well as a "hard-wired" installation... or is it?!

Thoughts people?

Well I hate having an immobiliser and are useless against a towing theft.

Trackers seem much more useful, so I'm keen and I wonder if Shannons would overlook immobiliser removal if tracker fitted?  Looking forward to the options.

Archived