3M Clear Film Paint Protection

Still looking good Hugh?  I'm considering the following options for both my 993 and spankingly newly painted SC

1. Front bar only - not a great option as it doesn't protect any metal panels which is what I do not want new paint on
  2. Front bar & bonnet - misses the area under the and around the headlights which is vulnerable and metal
  3. Front of the car half way up the bonnet - good protection but not sure about the look
  4. Front third of the car to back of bonnet - likely the most expensive option, but probably the 'proper' job

All of the above with the mirrors too.  Being a 993S it's already got clear on the front of the rear guards.  May go further on the SC.  It already has (very) mild wheel arch patina so I'll leave that.

Thoughts on the above based on experience?

p.s. Hugh I want your wheels so bad!

@Pork Chops the same film is still on the car and looks fine. There are some close ups on here and I don't think you can really notice it? http://fueltank.cc/blog/melbourne-outlaw

I've also had my GT3 wrapped and was nervous as a few 'black' car owners have had troubles. Aside from some minor touch ups once I let it settle its been fine. On the GT3 I did the front bar, bonnet, lights, mirrors, lower side sills and some small fins up the leading edge of the wheel arches. 

Happy based on my experience to recommend these guys. Most people seem to have had an issue with film at some stage but at least they come to you so its not such a drama. White cars seem to be their new challenge! :lol:

Just my opinion but I would be getting from the bottom of the windscreen forward covered. Thats what I did and while I am not so pleased with the quality of the job I am with the area covered....

Hi Chris, would you mind PM'ing me who you used and what went wrong and why?  Yes, may as well the the piece at the bottom of the screen done if going for the front third option.  Cheers.

@Pork Chops the same film is still on the car and looks fine. There are some close ups on here and I don't think you can really notice it? http://fueltank.cc/blog/melbourne-outlaw

I've also had my GT3 wrapped and was nervous as a few 'black' car owners have had troubles. Aside from some minor touch ups once I let it settle its been fine. On the GT3 I did the front bar, bonnet, lights, mirrors, lower side sills and some small fins up the leading edge of the wheel arches. 

Happy based on my experience to recommend these guys. Most people seem to have had an issue with film at some stage but at least they come to you so its not such a drama. White cars seem to be their new challenge! :lol:

dem wheels...

Archived