Wanted | Single Fixed Back Seat

Pork Chops

Should be in wanted but I can't seem to post there.  Probably have to become a $$ member but I'm damned if I can work out how to do that.

Anyhow, I need something for the SC.  The standard seats are great for originality but hopeless for support so I need something that can be bolted strait to the factory sliders for ease of changing and adjustment.  Fixed back bucket would be best, maybe a slightly larger size as it's not for the track and I want some wriggle room, no head wings or anything too fancy.  May not matter the condition of the fabric as I may choose to upholster it to match the car.  Couldn't care less about ADR or RW but clearly needs to be safe and of sound structural condition.  Ideally not looking to spend too much so if it's near brand new or made or kevlar woven by the hands of nymphs then it's won't be for me.  Perhaps it's been laying around in your garage for too long?

Show what you've got!  Cheers.

Re financial membership... http://porscheforum.com.au/>home>store>membership ;)

OK that was pathetically easy.  So to make my contribution I've paid my $25 and am now a paid up member.

So, to my seat question, anyone got something for me?

If not, any recommendations about seats that fit nicely into the 911SC and also can be made to fit up straight to the factory sliders and at the right height etc?

Not a lot of love for this topic!

So in the absence of any offers I've been considering a Recaro Pole Position. Might retrim it in Cork, or just do the velour for the inserts. Paint the shell body colour? Also while I'm dreaming a Vallalunga or Lollipop from GTS Classics would be the business. Again in Cork with velour per my original seats.

I actually forgot I've got this seat! Made in 2003 and identical to the brand new version you can buy today. Recaro might need to lift their game. Thoughts on this inside the SC? I don't like it so think I will sell or swap.

D28118E4-3D0E-4C07-940D-205F17A89526_zps

430478FB-E9D6-44BC-8ECE-65FD9496EAA6_zps

I agree TP 993 not the right look for that car but you are getting closer with those poles in body colour and rather than expense, difficulty of retrim have leather creations colour up to match rest of trim

Ooooh.  Great advice.  Spoke to Bill at Leather Creations and he said the only issue is the stitching would eventually wear back to it's original black colour and it will do so unevenly and not look great.  Also you need the leather seat (as opposed to Perlon) which I think is about $500 more expensive.  Might be easier to save the money on the seat purchase and put towards the purchase of the Cork and Velour, paint and trimming cost.  Quality of the trim is also a factor and I'll talk to them about what they think they can achieve.  It's going to be expensive but it's only the driver's seat (can't do both or rear seat access is denied and it's double the cost) and if I'm going to do it I'd rather it was done either cheap and nasty (old race seat leave as is) or done properly.

I have a lead on someone with lots of old races seats out of Porsches too....

Pity getting the gauges refurbed isn't as easy to sort <_< 

Archived